Ain't about survival no more

In Nelson’s latest devblog, he talks about having 4.0 more survival and pve aspects.

2 Likes

Just an idea - why not have two survival modes - one that is more PvE based but has PvP enabled, and another that is full blown PvP oriented, so that everyone’s satisfied.

1. That makes no sense

2. But… Why?

I just thought of it as a way to compromise between PvP and PvE without either side losing too much.

It’s far too much work to blend polar opposites compared to how many people want (or would even end up playing) a PvP/PvE mix.

I like it, but perhaps it should be more like a deep apocalypse where guns are “abundant”, but ammunition isn’t easy to come by, so a player would think twice before using their gun. (Also with the availability to craft your own bullets with a special crafting station)

This post is no longer relevant as it is from 5 months ago. It is now obsolete, as little was known about 4.0 back then.

Please refrain from commenting on extremely old posts unless you have a really good, new point to add. Thank you!

Just let him comment :stuck_out_tongue:
Besides, a few of this topic can still be relevant (spelling)

1 Like

This is a pvp aspect and I agree that maps should be biger but not to make you travel just to see other players more rarely food should not be that rare , if you find a water bottle it should be it has a chance to be empty or 40% full if u understand

extreme large maps and low quanty of food this game of survival in my opnion. I like this

But the real problem in here is the weapons hes stay transforming the game in a game of pvp

Well i write this in other post more my opnio about survival is this

i believe a style of armor penetration and bullets more rares transform the decision to shoot with a weapon X in a extreme idiot idea. (Weapon X = A very good weapon) think about why a noob go atack a player with very armor being that hes forever go die =/…
in the 3.0 my brother kill a group of 4 with a simple weapons, for more skills hes have i never found it fair, because the others work hard to pick itens to have a good protection and my brother just kill the 4 with a simple ak and very bullets.

IS JUST A SUGGESTION THINK ABOUT THIS! and sry my english

I already have a post regarding armor penetration

I love the idea of big maps, really big, In my opinion 4.X can work with just one map, but really really big, but for that the max players should be increase, like 100 or more. But if Nelson dont add really big maps, the max players should be increase to 40 anyways. 24 players is very poor for a survival game.

3 Likes

Bigger maps and higher player counts sounds like it could be quite trying on hardware. I disagree that increasing the player should be prioritized over increasing the map sizes. If you have small maps full of lots of people, they’ll just constantly be killing eachother. If you have huge desolate maps, I posit that it would lead to better survival gameplay. Players would have more time for survival gameplay without running into eachother. By the time that players do run into eachother, they would likely have invested enough time into acquiring their gear and upgrading their skills that they would be less likely to risk dying in a fight. If a player does decide to be aggressive, the other player should be able to retreat without running into more enemies.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.