Ammunition Types v2

A revamp of my previous post of the same name, listing out a couple generalized variants of cartridges as well as some more specific examples. Note that there are combinations of these types, for examples armor-piercing incendiary tracer cartridges.

Ball

The most basic of cartridges, of the type most commonly referred to as “full metal jacket.” Nothing special here. Note that as a field expedient soldiers of various militaries reportedly carved cross notches into standard ammunition in an attempt to increase expansion, with varying levels of effectiveness.

Hollowpoint

Warcrimes edition. Upon impact, the bullet expands and causes more trauma than other types of rounds, and is also used for controlled penetration as due to their nature hollowpoint rounds have almost no overpenetration, and can be easily defeated by body armor.

Armor-piercing

Ammunition that has a core made of harder metal than lead, allowing it to penetrate body armor and certain types of cover more easily.

Tracer

But I’m already Tracer… Rounds that are built with pyrotechnic material in the base, allowing the projectile trajectory to be much more visible. Also have a mild incendiary effect, and can ignite certain flammable substances.

Match

Special high-performance ammunition designed for use in either shooting competitions or for use by snipers. Has a higher velocity and a flatter trajectory than ball ammunition and performs better at range.

Incendiary

Basically tracers but on steroids, these rounds are specifically designed to start fires and can easily light materials that tracers cannot. Also have a secondary effect caused by the pyrotechnic material igniting withing a wound, causing enhanced tissue damage.

Caseless

A special and unique type of ammunition limited to firearms specifically designed for them, these are much smaller than tranditional cartridges by encasing the bullet within the propellant. However, firearms built for these rounds typically overheat quickly because in tranditional cartridges a large amount of the heat is ejected out along with it.

Explosive

Warcrimes edition squared. Typically paired with an incendiary agent to ignite them, these rounds explode and fragment upon impact.

Subsonic

Ammunition designed to travel at speeds lower than the speed of sound, thus maximizing the effect of suppressors and eliminating the “crack” of a supersonic round breaking the sound barrier.

Shotgun-specific ammunition types

Slugs

Full-caliber solid projectiles designed for hunting large game and causing massive amounts of blunt trauma.

Buckshot

Typically contain from 6 to 8 pellets of moderate size, enough to hit multiple targets but also substantial enough to cause significant damage.

Birdshot

Similar to buckshot, but contains far more smaller pellets. Can only cause lethal damage at nearly point-blank range, but can also hit multiple targets with only a point and click.

Flechette

A typically military-grade shotgun load containing around a dozen pointed steel projectiles that offer enhanced penetration when compared to a normal buckshot load.

Dragon's breath

Special incendiary shotgun shells which fire pieces of burning magnesium, which burn at around 3,000 °F (1,650 °C). Due to their relatively low pressure, they cannot function properly in semi-automatic shotguns as there is not enough recoil energy produced to cycle another round.

Please leave any thoughts and suggestions below.

12 Likes

“Post is too long so it must be good” - Danaby2

11 Likes

hey you stole that quote from the legend himself, zoom b

2 Likes

Unless there is a g1, then caseless ammo isnt really necessary.

I’m actually quite intrigued now, is it possible for incendiary ammunition cauterize the entrance and exit wounds?

Perhaps in this alternate timeline where have have access to cooling technology based on the Turned, we have more caseless rifles. Could be an interesting idea and concept.

im just counter the “Dragon´s Brath” Considereing how inuseless are (Changing technicaly all energy by flames LOL) its like a flametower

Maybe if it were possible to set fire to a zombie or same another player (Thing than i dont recommend because go had kids crying) i maybe aprove this ammo.

yay, roblox african warlord tycoon

What about ammo that paralyses you, like fletchettes with some kind of paralysing liquid or something like that? i mean, it’d take some time to work and it’d be a gradual effect, not just full on taser, but it’d be good when defending bases, etc.

Rubber bullets would be cool too, that’d be found on police zombies and in police stations. These would do little damage, but would cripple players, handy for when you want to ambush and rob a dude without killing them, or just defend yourself or a base without killing the dude (handy for the anti-kos measures that would be enforced in II(?))

Hey, what about tranquilizer darts and non lethal weapons like tasers and such? I think that could have an interesting effect on KOS.

1 Like

Ok,I don’t think that we should have that many ammo types cause they might be quite overwhelming,but a little more variety never hurt anyone I guess :grin:

I’d remove caseless, and I’m pretty doubtful about match, and both incendiary and explosive in the same game.

Match is meant to be a straight upgrade to ball without many added effects.

How many calibers would have this type of round available? (I’d assume all of them) Because I see there might be balance issues, with some weapons already very accurate becoming OP pinpoint shooting.

Nah, only the rounds that have such counterparts IRL, for example .22 LR will only have ball, hollowpoing, and match variants.

1 Like

I LOVE the high amount of diffrent rounds and calibers :grin:

What about custom loads?
I want to be able to make my gun explode. (/s on the gun explosion part)
Or fill my shotgun shells with random objects.

(Lack of detail because you should get the point)

caseless ammunition lmao

Remember the L5?

Will make a post on handloads later.

1 Like

the more kinds of ammo, the better. i approve.
also i think in 4, like in rust it should be the ammo that dictates the raid damage. so firing explosive bullets can be used for raiding. and incendiary bullets, should, stay where the hit for a while, and if you step on them you get burned.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.