Are there rewards for forum employees to provide feedback on bugs?

I am curious if a forum member who provides feedback on a bug that is seen and taken seriously by developers will receive official feedback, such as rewards for accessory skins

Debugger’s Beret maybe

Sometimes I am curious and give feedback on many bugs, but I have never seen these things before. The feedback I previously posted was not seen by the developers, and even after being copied and resent by someone, the developers adopted that person’s feedback. It is obvious that I was not nominated

We appreciate the bug reports that players send us, but unfortunately we do not distribute the Debugger’s Beret anymore—sorry. The White Hat is still available for security exploits (particularly those affecting servers).

Although there is no in-game item given to players who report bugs, you can often see players credited in our patch notes for reporting fixes. E.g., there’s several users credited in our latest patch notes: 3.24.5.1 Patch Notes

1 Like

Chiming in to add to Molt’s response: Although I don’t respond to every post, I do my best to read everything. If you suggested something and it was added after another person suggested it, chances are it was actually thanks to both of your suggestions - I try to prioritize popular feedback! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I previously posted a motorcycle bug feedback post, which was the first one to go to the forum. However, after the 5.0 version update, it was indeed reposted by the reviewer CRL below using the same method. Finally, I nominated and thanked CRL for their work. This is my post at that time Regarding the issue with the updated motorcycle Released on July 14th, CRL did provide you with the same issue feedback in the 5.0 updated branch version, but this was attributed to CRL during subsequent nominations

Your original bike post was after the 3.24.4.0 update which hadn’t focused on two wheeled vehicles yet. There is certainly overlap between your post and CPL’s. To clarify, however, the special thanks to CPL in the 3.24.5.0 update notes were in reference to their feedback on the server browser quick filters foldout menu.

These kind of unfortunate miscommunications in thanking players was part of why we stopped including them in update notes in (2014 or 2015 I think?). When we get a lot of suggestions and reports it’s hard to know who were the first people to suggest something. Nowadays getting less bug reports it’s easier to be confident in who the few people who reported something were, but with feature requests it’s likely there are many people who posted about it over the years. Another reason not to attribute features is that community members who dislike it may attack the person who suggested it. :disappointed:

1 Like

I’m sorry, I just wanted to leave something behind and give feedback on some issues. I realized that I am a player and want to be a community member. At the time, I was angry and sorry, but I just wanted to do something for the forum. I shouldn’t be so serious. As you said, discussion doesn’t mean personal responsibility. If we trace back to the first person who posted the problem, then everyone else will be in trouble and argue. Our common goal is to provide bug suggestions for developers to fix. I overlooked this point at the time

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.