Bullet Suggestions

Or ammo should list exactly which guns use it in the description.

2 Likes

I dont see why we cant have many diffrent calibers and variants of them, that is like saying we can only have red apples in the game but not green and yellow ones because it would be to ”Complicated”

if people cant figure out how it works when it is this simple then they should not even play games at all and go get some iq instead

2 Likes

I am selling IQ for facebook likes

1 Like

Image result for Facebook like Give me 50 IQ

2 Likes

I said speculation because thats what I think will be added, and added the suggestions because incase it isnt it should. You are quoting something that doesnt even contribute the original suggestion. Just the point of my thread.

At this point you are just begging to nitpick.

“Military” would be a buzzword for “Quality, Better”. What history are you talking about? You are bringing up useless and irrelevant topics.
We are talking about the modern day history. Do you understand what context is? If someone finds a “Military grade rifle” they wont think of a pistol used in WW1.
Most associations with “Military grade” would be Quality, stronger, better, etc. Not poor, useless, “fails miserably”

What you said there is the same what my suggestion would do… Civilian is more common than military.

They “could get it into their thick skull” but for most players would be easier to use words instead of numbers for cartiges. The logic you used there is horrible.

The “common sense” card is there because it is common sense… Its not “my opinion” I already explained this.

Just because I understand it doesnt mean its a better concept. Again horrible logic. With that mindset there would be alot of bad business choices.

This also proves my point that you are nitpicking.
Or you simply dont know what a hyperbole is. There are more than a “couple”.

To suggest a “change” would mean there would be something to change in the first place.
If you are talking about 3.0:
Civilian 9mm
Military 9mm etc.
If you are talking about yours:
Civilian 9mm
Military 9mm etc. Instead of it.
If you are talking about “4.0”
The information regarding it is lacking as i explained from above, so you cannot “change anything”

Like i mentioned in my previous response. “Military” doesnt mean it has to be used in the military, it just resembles power.

…
I don’t even know what to tell you.
Let’s put it this way: not only are you being an ignorant boi who thinks that the longer the post, the more right you are; you’re being a stubborn ignorant boi who thinks that the longer the post, the more right you are.

After all, you claimed that

Please tell me you are joking. Because if you think that military doesn’t mean “military,” and instead means something along the lines of “power,” then you’re basically being a mall ninja because you couldn’t take the five seconds needed to google what the hell “military” means in context.

In addition, you claimed

…
You forgot about the L85A1

The AR-18

And let’s not get into the “self-cleaning” M16A1

Military DOES NOT mean “quality” or “better,” it just means that it was used by the armed forces of whatever nation the game takes place in.

This quote perfectly summaries the extent of your ignorance. “Military grade” means that the particular product is tested to conform to military standards. For example, the M1 Garand, referred to by General George S. Patton as “the greatets fighting implement ever devised.”

So basically, your points and arguments equate to you competing in a schlong measuring contest and asserting your dominance by insisting that millimeters somehow equal inches.

6 Likes

Exactly my point. It is why it shouldn’t exist.
And now you’re trying to defend the point that nothing should change from the already established system.

And there is something wrong with this?

I think inferior equipment is a very relevant topic, unless you’re implying all inferior equipment is suddenly civilian?
Here’s a good example: The SCAR-L or Mk. 16 (for those educated on the matter).
It was selected in 2004 as the winner of the SOF Combat Assault Rifle program for the SOCOM. The Mk. 16 found the field in 2009, it was later dropped in 2010 due to an inferior performance, as there were better rifles on the market at the time.
Would you still call the Mk. 16 a military rifle?
No, probably not.
And ‘military’ rifles today are available for purchase by civilians in countries where they are allowed, Mk. 16 included.

Doesn’t make sense, you’re taking these words out of their intended context.

And it’s the same as what the suggestion I’m attempting to support would do, 9x19, 9x18, .22 LR, etc would be much easier to find than a rifle round, as these are mass produced due to the fact that people enjoy using them to shoot targets at the range.
It’s really dependent on the country which you’re in and their stance on gun laws & foreign trade, beyond that it’s police & military spending.

Implying the playerbase is stupid.
The playerbase is not stupid. And if they are this system is a win-win because it deters stupid people.

Common sense IS opinion, not fact.
Perspective is not absolute.
You do not know that other people know these things just from common knowledge of the topic unless you’re the hive-mind that is illogical people (/s on the last statement, people aren’t hive-minds; they just act similar).

If common sense existed: conflict wouldn’t.
I guess common sense isn’t so common after all, then?
It might even not exist.
It’s PROBABLY (/s) because common sense is an excuse for saying ‘I am wrong.’

Do you have any idea why products which require to be set up come with instructions?
Because the developers don’t expect people to know how to use them.
Do you know why games come with tutorials?
Because the developers don’t expect people to know how to play them.
If you haven’t noticed: Unturned II’s tutorial is the same, its tutorial starts with the absolute basics: how to walk.
It goes through every aspect of playing the game (almost).
Why wouldn’t it teach you about different kinds of bullets too?

Oh, of course there are more than a couple cartridges.
That’s probably because couple was referring to a couple hundred.
But most of them aren’t used in the most common firearms which would likely be included in Unturned, do you seriously expect Nelson to pump out 100+ cartridges for us?
No, you didn’t.
But this doesn’t justify simplifying the system to the point where individual round dimensions couldn’t make the impact I’d like them to make in Unturned.

Do you know what a hyperbole is?

So you're implying there's nothing to change and the system I desire is already in place?

That’s bullshit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUzrsxZOLxs

What is: rifle cartridge?

6 Likes

jesus christ this thread is a fucking train wreck

Where do you get the information that “I think the longer the post the more right I am”? Ignorant assumption.

I never said “Military doesn’t mean military”. I said it resembles power. Is it that hard to read the sentance properly?

Again, I said MOST. I literally specified it all in my previous comment. Nobody associates the military with “poor, weak, unreliable”. The military wouldnt use mostly “poor, weak and unreliable” because thats counter intuitive.

I know what “Military grade” means. I dont want to repeat myself 100 times. Read the above. In the context of military we are talking about modern military, not the military from WW1 etc. its not that hard to understand.
And George said that, because DURING HIS TIME, it was a good weapon. The weapon today is outdated and outmatched, with alot of better alternatives. Thats why the Military doesnt use it.

This is dumb.

• Lock it, the discussion can only devolve and become more nitpicky
  • Dont lock it, the discussion is coming to a resolution

0 voters

Leave it. This is getting interesting. Besides, i need something interesting to please me while im at a pep rally

No it isn’t. Redcomm and LeMaKoTi are arguing over the most pointless and nitpicky shit I think I’ve seen on these forums, and it’s gotten fairly toxic at that. It isn’t constructive. I think everyone has made their views quite clear on the topic, why not lock it?

@MoltonMontro or @Yarrrr you might want to look into locking the topic.

It shouldnt exist because I suggested it? What “already established system” are you reffering to?

Yes there is something wrong with nitpicking. Its a waste of time, and doesnt contribute to anything.

As mentioned before:
Pistols,Smgs, etc. CIVILAIN
Assault rifles, DMRS, etc MILITARY
I never claimed otherwise, also what am i taking out of context exactly?

Ok so its the same thing.

How am I “Implying the playerbase is stupid”. You are simply lying now. Stupidy isnt determaned by how well you read numbers and memorise them In a video game. Just because something is simpler doesnt mean it is “stupid”. It doesnt deter stupid people, and detering “stupid people” is not always good.

I dont want to repeat myself, because this will go in a circle. Same thing I said before.

Adding tons of instructions and tutorials for every thing is never good. “There are not “hundreds of cartridges” in the world. Only a couple” Now you are saying couple referred to “a couple hundred” which is exactly what I said in the beggining. I dont expect 100 and dont want, but i got the impression you do, which is what i said previously. Yes I do know what a “hyperbole” is. I dont know why you would ask me that anyways.

I said there is NOTHING TO CHANGE. NOT that your system is in place. Did you read my sentance?
“To suggest a “change” would mean there would be something to change in the first place.”
But there isnt anything to change in the first place.

You sending fortnite dances wont make your argument any better. You dabbing and dancing fortnite dances might be funny to your friends but you can keep it out of here because there is no place for it here.

Funny coming from someone who can’t tell the difference between 19 and 39.

You’re making your posts longer and repeating the same arguments over and over again in the hopes that the same point multiple times means a better argument. And before you say no, you’re literally just going through a thesaurus looking up synonyms.

No, you didn’t. You said military meant “quality” or “better.” Which is saying that military means “quality” or “better,” rather than, you know, being used by the military.

People do counterintuitive things. Including you. And yes, the military would use poor, weak, and unreliable weapons because of sheer stupitidy. My apologies, I clearly didn’t narrow down my previous post so that your mind can wrap itself around it. Consider this my apology.

The British L85A1. A horrible assault rifle with a back-heavy receiver, was not ambidextrous, performed horribly in any environment other than an office cubicle, not to mention the plastic often cracked in cold temperatures and the original magazines could easily be bent. And let’s not even talk about how the magazine release could accidently be triggered.

Next, let’s move onto the American M16A1. Vietnam War troops publicly stated that this thing was a piece of shit, and everyone agreed. It was a bureacratic horror story. The decision was made to replace the IMR powder the cartridge was designed for with standard 7.62 ball powder, which was the majority of the problem. The rifle would often jam because the chamber was not chrome-plated, there were problems with failing to extract due to the bolt unlocking sooner, barrel fouling due to the corrosive nature of the powder, the chamber itself being corroded, which left the entire rifle useless no matter how clean it was, misfires as a consequence of the overall higher cyclic rate…why am I saying this, it’s not like you’ll understand a word of what I’m saying. And keep in mind that this rifle was marketed as “self-cleaning” and accepted by the U.S Army as “a perfect weapon for the jungles of Vietnam.”

No, no it doesn’t! The context of “military-grade” doesn’t matter if there are better contemporaries, it’s still military-grade. It’s not that hard to understand. If it met the requirements before, then it’s still military grade.

You claimed that

Even though you specifically stated that

With the MP5 and the Beretta both being high-tier military-grade weapons, isn’t there something wrong here?

Most of the playerbase is stupid and can’t tell the difference between 19 and 39 even if the answer was right in front of their face.

No, @Number_one did not say that. He said that although there are hundreds of cartridges in the world, there are only a couple relevant ones that need to be implemented.

2 Likes

Like i said before, I know to diferentiate cartridges. Just because I know doesnt mean its the better option. This is possibly the third time i am saying this.

I am not “making my posts longer” it just ends up like that. The reason why i “repeat myself” is because you keep making up what i said. I wouldnt want to waste my time purpusfully increasing my posts. You say that as you make three pagaraphs explaining why some perticulary weapons were poor, which I never denied. “The long post” arguement is pretty bad considering all of our posts are long. Including Number_one. Its also besides the point. Just because I said a couple of assotiations im going trough a thesaurus?

Again… I did NOT say the military MEANT quality or better. I said its an ASSOTIATION. BIG diference.

I said “The military wouldnt use MOSTLY poor weapons” MOSTLY. And that is true. A majority of the weapons
in the military arent POOR.

I know what MILITARY GRADE means. I never CLAIMED it wasnt MILITARY GRADE. But there are BETTER ALTERNATIVES so the MILITARY REPLACED it.

The “I never claimed otherwise” was referring to civilians being able to purchase some military rifles. Not the division.

I know the MP5 and Berreta are high tier military grade weapons. But they are pistols and smgs, so they would use “Civilian” version of the cartridge.

I know that Number_one did not say that. I know what he said. I never claimed he said he wanted alot of cartridges in the game. I said I was assuming. 2 replies ago.

The quote you used wasnt directed to you. It was directed to “TophatPesky”

Yeah. I’ll say you did say military means quality or better.

In fact, basically your entire point is made up of buzzwords. You’re claiming that you know a lot about something which you clearly don’t in an attempt to impress us and yourself by using words that you clearly don’t understand the meaning of.

You do now? Oh, isn’t that a surprise?
Then do tell me, what’s the difference between 9×17mm Browning

And .380 ACP?

9x17mm Browning is Gold, and the .380 ACP is gray.
(I would give a valid explanation, but im on a school computer, and it has the ability to track my browsing history, potentially getting me expelled or worse…)

Here’s the first result for ‘nitpicking definition’.
I am not nitpicking, every detail I list is important to me, the details which are seemingly off-topic are scrutinizing your perspective on the issue and the basis of your perspective.

You state that
Excuse the partial inaccuracies in the example below, but the point should be clear.
The one on the left is a pistol cartridge.
The one of the right is a rifle cartridge.
You say the one on the left is a civilian cartridge.
You say the one on the right is a military cartridge.

There is also no such thing as a military or civilian rifle by the terms which you describe them, I and another person had dispelled this fiction a few posts ago. Or rather: try to. But you like going in circles so nothing has changed.

What is?
No, if it’s about the rifles you CANNOT fit a 7.62x51 NATO round into a 7.62x17 pistol.

Another quickly looked up ‘stupidity definition’.
Any of these terms ring a bell?

It’s going in a circle not because I’m going in a circle but because you’re going in a circle.
You do not take my perspective seriously and you prefer to stick to yours because you don’t like conforming to other people’s ideas or even taking them into consideration.

Unless you’re meaning to say that you do not want to change anything, in which case you do a really bad job at it.

Adding tons of instructions and tutorials for everything is always good, ever heard of school?
If you did: you should know lots of instructions and tutorials for everything is always good. You can never have enough information.

Alright, what I’m trying to say about hundreds of cartridges is: ‘Nelson will only add a few so your argument is invalid.’ and ‘Your analysis is incorrect.’
The problem here is: you want too little ammunition for my tastes, I like my variety and for that variety to impact gameplay appropriately.

You didn’t use the term “hyperbole” correctly.
Here’s ANOTHER quickly looked up definition.

The only reason there would be nothing to change is because the system is in place, if it’s not then there is something to change.
The only thing I can collect from this statement is that you support the addition of the suggestion but you don’t know enough about English to communicate it properly.

If you don’t get the last quote I added there, it’s because you change the meaning of your statement enough for it to notably deviate from your original standpoint, yet you still guard that standpoint as though you still repeat it.

The joke is you’re a fucking moron.