Bullet Suggestions

Exactly this.
This is a 7.62×25mm Tokarev round. It’s a pistol and submachine gun cartridge. (Pistol is Czechoslovakian CZ52)
hqdefault%20(4)
This is a 7.62×39mm round. it is used by assault rifles predominantly and by carbines (SKS).

Both are 7.62, yet very different cartridges with vastly different uses.

2 Likes

but dirt doesn’t have price…

The 7.62 Tokarev is actually a high-velocity cartridge capable of defeating many body armors, similar to 5.7 FN.

2 Likes

Dirt is free for the taking, allowing anybody to eat it or grow it. Idk why i would buy dirt from the earth

1 Like

ohh well would you look at…

Yeah, but it still is far from an intermediate cartridge. It still has ~1.6kJ of energy less than 7.62x39mm.

1 Like

That’s because it’s a fucking pistol cartridge

1 Like

Assault rifles, Sniper rifles, DMRs etc. - “Military” 9mm
Pistols, Smgs etc.- “Civilian” 9mm

In your example,

Beretta - “civilian” 9mm
Ruger - “civilian” 9mm
MP5A3 - “civilian” 9mm

AS VAL - “MILITARY” 9mm
VSS - “MILITARY” 9mm

Is it that hard to understand? I repeated myself 3-4 times and you still claim that I say:

“pistols and snipers would use the same ammunition.”

I never said that, and I dont know where you get that information from. Why is this so hard to understand?

In this 7.62 context it would still be something in the lines of,

TOKAREV - “CIVILIAN” 7.62
DMRs etc. - “MILITARY” 7.62

1 Like

So now you’re being a hypocrite. The MP5 and M9 are both high-tier military weapons, not available in the civillian sector.

1 Like

It’s funny that you categorize 9x19 and 9x39 by military and civilian and not by their actual dimensions.
Which gets the same result as just labeling the bullets as 9x19 and 9x39, making your argument superfluous.

And judging by where you get your information from when you make this argument: all you know about firearms is what you see in this thread and through gameplay, so why are you trying to argue against it if you don’t even know anything about the topic?

So you’re basically saying that you want every rifle cartridge to be categorized under military and every pistol cartridge under civilian?

The only thing you’re calling for is this system but with less variety, more accurately a slightly more diverse set of Unturned’s original ammunition system.
Or just what Nelson’s unrobust ammunition system was going for.
So you’re arguing for no changes?
Source of screenshot: Unturned II Devlog #005 – Smartly Dressed Games Blog

Now I’d rather you explain why you want nothing to change in the first place.

3 Likes
Sometimes I seriously question myself about if I'm going too deep into realism with my suggestions and comments for the game...

Then I see these gun nuts arguing and I find all my points totally justified.

Big LMAO; self five.

5 Likes

How am I a hypocrite? What are you talking about? Ofcourse they are used in the military, why does this matter?

The whole point of my speculation/“suggestion” is to make it easier to understand for everybody else. To every other person, those are just random numbers, but if they read “Military” ofcourse it wull be of quality. Common sense.

In the next paraghraph you are just making random and ignorant assumptions.

Yes you figured it out, other weapon types mentioned above would fall under a different category aswell.

I am calling for a “slightly more diverse set of Unturned’s orginial ammunition system”
I dont know what you call slight, and judging by this I assume you would want hundreds of cartiges in the game, which would ruin the game entierly.

Just because it says “Military” doesnt mean at all he is proposing the same system. Once again you are just assuming things. For all you know Military could mean absolutely nothing.

Eat your words my boi.

In any case, I want different classifications, such as 9x19mm Parabellum and 5.56x45mm.
I’m not trying to be a gun nut, I just want this feature in-game, and I’m sure many others will agree with me on this subject. WE NEED INDIVIDUAL CALIBERS!

4 Likes

This thread is no place for speculation. If you’re here you should debate the suggestion, hence why I had said you suggested the addition of an inferior system.

This is incorrect, there is military hardware out there which has failed miserably or not at its job, anybody who does even the slightest digging into the topic or studied history knows this.

And if the variety of bullets increases: the equipment begins to matter more but not only because its usage depends on the correct type of bullet being inserted into the weapon.
This allows guns which aren’t used as often due to their quick ammunition usage (i.e. SMGs which take military/ranger rounds) to become useful again as they may use an ammunition type which is far easier to find as opposed to the other ammunition types, making up for how fast it eats the ammunition up.

Of course, I could go on about how equipment handles different rounds but that’s for another topic.

And if people complain because they cannot get it through their thick skull? Give them a tutorial, maybe put the kind of bullet it fires in the description?

And then you throw in the common sense card, I don't think I need to explain what's wrong with that.

It’s your opinion, that’s what.

You DO know nothing about firearms, if you did you would be for this system because it would make sense to you if you did.
And you ripped all your information about firearms out of this thread, you didn’t even know the names of the companies that made the weaponry you quoted and yet you only included those names.

This also proves my point that I’ve made in my previous quote, there are not ‘hundreds of cartridges’ in the world. Only a couple.

Then clarify what the changes are, because so far you’ve suggested none.

Here, have a complimentary picture.

reacshun%20imag

6 Likes

I feel like this topic isn’t going anywhere. All I see is Redcomm being toxic with other folks arguing over pointless gun shit.

We really don’t need a super complex caliber system. The less variants of calibers, the better. Still, I’d like to see proper calibers being used in guns (aka don’t just make all 7.62 the same).

To make it more user friendly, magazine descriptions and firearm descriptions should mention the kind of caliber, and if there are specific boxes of calibers then those should mention the class of weapons they typically are fired in (.45 ACP could mention say handguns and submachine guns, for example).

2 Likes

Why not variants of calibers? Full metal jacket, hollowpoints, and other ammo types would be nice.

2 Likes