Camouflage Rework

Introduction

Camouflage in Unturned 3.0 is terrible. There’s no way around it. If you’d like to dispute this, then perhaps several of the examples I provide below will change your mind.

Camouflage

Shhhh. I’m inside this box, they can’t see me!

Allow me to direct your attention to this ghillie suit. There’s a reason nobody wears this seriously, because it’s absolutely terrible at doing its intended role.

You see, camouflage isn’t just about coloring, it’s all about breaking up the silhouette so that the person or vehicle is unrecognizeable at first glance, with color secondary to that. With the ghillie set in the current Unturned, you can clearly see that his silhouette isn’t broken up at all, making him detectable to almost anyone, even at range.

These bushwookies however, have their silhouettes almost completely broken up, with the exception being their weapons and spotting scopes. Now this is what a ghillie suit should like.

Of course, the other problem with camouflage is that there’s little to nothing to actually blend into, which is why I’m hoping that Unturned II will have a lot more countours and vegetation, or maybe even stuff like leaves on the ground during the fall.

One more problem.

This goddamn thing.

Camouflage is ruined when you put your cursor on someone and their nametag appears, instantly marking them as a player. Which is why I’d like to propose that the player needs to hold thier crosshairs on a player for three to five seconds before the nametag appears.

That is all. A bit less well-made then I would have liekd, but I really don’t have the time or energy to format this post like I usually do.

Oh, and here, have a poll.

• I’d like to see better camouflage that breaks up silhouettes
  • I’d like to see a delay before the nametag appears
  • Null option for those who accidentally voted

0 voters

5 Likes

First off, honestly I don’t notice the name tag very often, you have to be pretty close to get it to happen, but your suggestion makes sense, secondly, have you seen Nelson talking about how he wants ghillie to work in UII? He talked about it in some interview and it was good

7 Likes

Like what pulp free water said, he wants to add ghille netting to guns and yourself and wants to make it blend in more

And where was that said.

@Aj_Gaming be states it right here in just elaborating on what was in the interview

Link it plz, also, you don’t need to @ me. I would have gotten the notification anyways.

1 Like

It was that one or another one I watched, sometimes I get them confused

Alright I’ll watch it later

@KingFrog an effort was made I see
grafik
On a more serious note, yes so much yes. Proper camouflage would go such a long way.

i accidently voted :smile: !

How about, the nametag never appears while ADSing, but could be seen if you’re using binoculars?

Not everyone has or wants to carry around binoculars. And that’s a really niche item just for people to be able to see names.

Not suggesting that binoculars should be the only way to see names, just that handheld scopes should allow you to see names while using magnification, but scopes mounted on weapons should not.

the nametag… shouldnt appear if you arent Close to the other player

right? :smiley:

1 Like

I’m saying that ruins camouflage because it doesn’t matter how good your suit is, one glance and someone can tell you’re a player.

1 Like

I ment that you dont see the nametag if you arent looking at the player and are close to that person :thinking: ?

1 Like

Right now in Unturned seeing the nametag of somebody isn’t giving such a huge advantage. In Unturned II you can simply fix that.
Here’s my idea:
When you wear a ghillie suit or any kind of suit for hiding and camouflage, there wouldn’t be any name tags. And when you wear normal gear you can see the nametags if you look at a player.

1 Like

You do realize a ghillie suit is little more than some dyed cloth strips sewn, glued, or taped onto clothing? And what really gives you the bonus? Is it just one part of the set, or is it the entire set? Because then you’d create a meta of pseudo-ninjas running around in bushwookie suits.

1 Like
So just rounding up the ideas about names appearing

First, Redcomm says nametags should take a moment to appear.
Second, pulpfreewater says it shouldn’t matter too much as long as you can’t see nametags unless you’re close, like in 3.X. (Which MR later reiterated)
Third, I suggested that nametags shouldn’t appear while ADSing, but scoping in with binoculars shouldn’t impact it. (Which I later clarified.)
Fourth, Recomm somehow misunderstood the above to mean that nametags wouldn’t appear if not scoped in or not holding binoculars or something like that. (This probably won’t be in the poll, unless someone has more to add about it but I mention it here for completeness sake)
Fifth, Pablo said if you’re wearing camo, the nametags should never appear.

I would like to add that if a delay to the name appearing were implemented, then articles of camouflaged clothing should increase that delay, rather than extending it indefinitely.

I’ll wait a day or two to see if anyone else has anything to add, and then post a poll.

2 Likes