Can you use a nother programm than Maya?

Maya is friking expansive like 2.500 € a year so i cant afford it but despirtly wont to mod and make 3D models
can anyone help me?

2 Likes

blender
it has animation
if you dont use blender then your out of luck and you gotta play with maya then

2 Likes

Just use blender lmao

4 Likes

You could use student license

1 Like

use the student license, or use blender

its 2019
Get with it!

Thx that helps me a lot

Using maya was the only painful decision in 4 so far, because it really is a shame that it isn’t easily free like blender was for 3. In terms of pushing the quality of the game though I feel that the trade-off is worth it because it’s really easy to develop a bunch of custom tools for maya which I can release for free here: https://github.com/SmartlyDressedGames/U4-Maya

Right now my hope is that modders will be able to get their hands on it through non-purchase avenues like pulpfreewater mentions with the education copies. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with using free copies for modding since it’s non-commercial use. Personally I got a discounted 3-year license so it wasn’t too-too expensive for the amount I use it every day.

Long long long term I want to make our own cad tools customized to the art style that will be free :wink:

18 Likes

Are you gonna start making software now? :smiley:

2 Likes

tecHnIcalLy vIdEo gaMes aRe SofTwaRe

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.