Claiming someone elses base with a claim flag?

also it wouldn’t detect if ur getting raided or if someone climbed on top and placed a claim flag. you need to be the one who builds the first claim flag. place a claim flag in a safe area before logging off, and you probably wont get ur base perms stolen

According to your suggestion, all I need to do in order to get an entire base is to go up to it while the owner is offline and find a tiny corner that isn’t covered by a claim flag, place one of my own down to where it clips their base, and then salvage my way in. Besides, what happens if two claimflags overlap, who owns the claimed area in between? This entire suggestion is overcomplicated and rife with potential exploits and glitches.

3 Likes

no people who place a claim flag dont gain your salvaging rights, it just disables yours until the claim flag is broken. i do NOT want people who place a claim flag to get salvaging rights, it disables everyones salvaging rights in that area.

if i raid you and place a claim flag there, i cant salvage anything. i can however destroy your doors with raiding supplies and then place my own, so then its my base, but i still cant salvage anything. so if you raid it back and destroy that flag and place your own, you can salvage things again

Glad to hear that it wouldn’t give you full access, but I’m still concerned since I could just hide a claim flag near someone’s base and prevent them from expanding or placing/salvaging things inside. Current raiding system is fine as is and I don’t see this as a necessary change as it’d only serve to overcomplicate the base building and raiding processes.

1 Like

theres not really many spots where you can hide a claim flag though. and the claim flag is really tall so that would be hard to not spot.

the raiding process needs to be more complicated. its wayyy too easy in unturned 3.0.

For an insanely long time, you could place lockers and crates in chopped down tree trunks and when they regrew, you wouldn’t even know it was there until it happened. There’s a good chance Nelson will make sure this can’t happen from the start in UII, but similar exploits will exist and it’s a lot of work to potentially fix for a seemingly useless idea. Why bother taking back your base when you could just build another seeing as how wood is infinitely more available than raiding materials, leading to more empty bases on the map and more server lag.

Kylie did a good job finding another exploit a while back

Besides, what if I didn’t get a claim flag for my base before I have to log off? Should I lose my entire base if someone decides to put their own on top of my base in a metal box?

It definitely is, I’m just not sure this is the pivot it should all be balanced around.

2 Likes

because my base has a ton of loot in it that i spent hours farming for. ’

but claim flag should be your #1 priority. you need to adapt to place a claim flag quickly. if you get griefed, you should have placed a claim flag before then. they probably wont be too expensive also

After a raid? You even said this would be best for backup bases in the event that your main gets raided, so why would you store anything of use at a less defended location, especially if you destroyed traps and don’t pick up loot from blown up lockers, they’ll just despawn anyways.

2 Likes

i was talking about when someone hides a claim flag near my unraided base. not after a raid.

If I didn’t have a claim flag, since they’d be easier to make, I probably wouldn’t have any valuable loot in there anyways, so why go hunting for raiding equipment (significantly rarer) for the sole reason of getting back my first day items when I could just build another base in a fifth the time?

2 Likes

nelson was thinking of adding base decay into the game like in rust. so if you dont want to raid back your own base, thats fine as it will decay and it wont cause much server issues if all the inactive bases decayed.

i would go get raiding equipment if i spent a while building the base (big base little loot)

And what exactly did he want to determine decay? That’s right, claim flags! So that’d make decay useless at clearing away empty raided bases with someone else’s claim flag there.

Unless it’s metal, I don’t see the point when you could build a bigger base in the time it’d take for you to get enough materials to retake your old base, and even then the cost of repairing and refurnishing it might not even be worth it in the end.

2 Likes

yeah but he wants us to put the materials that our base is made of into the claim flag. and it would probably have limited storage in it so if you dont have access to the inside, your base would decay in less than 2 irl days

if it in a really really good spot (where i can see a big city from it to roof camp with a sniper or if its near a place with good loot like that place with drones) i would probably try to claim that base back.

Its easily exploitable, the current unturned system is pretty great in my opinion, however this idea is pretty cool, but i think it should be implemented along with the base decay feature and once a certain amount of decay is attained anyone should be able to salvage it.

as the other users said its just too easy to exploit, we need a better idea to implement claiming someone else’s base.

4 Likes

I like the general idea, but I don’t think it should be a thing in Unturned.

yeah as long as theres a way to claim someones raided base, im happy

The absurdity of this thread…

When my base is large or group size and place 10 overlapping Claim Flags…

Good luck destroying 10 different Metal Walls and see if you can find them all. Who would use Raiding Gear on 10+ walls? Lockers anyone?

1 Like

then nelson can add higher quality claim flags that have increased claim radius

Stop :stop_sign:

Stop :stop_sign:

Stop :stop_sign:… with reverse thrusters…

Bigger radius… less space for others to build bases…

1 Like

thats a good thing. prevents people from their base 3 feet away from your base.