COVID-19 Pandemic | Current Events

What type of gasmask filter is best for protecting against COVID-19? I have a couple NBC-77 SOF filters but I’m not sure if they’ll do any good.

It’s a BSL-3 disease, like other coronaviruses such as SARS and MERS. You should be good.

Looking at vaccine research from CBS Pittsburgh, it’s a BSL-3 disease. If it was higher than BSL-3, it would be at a BSL-4 Biolab, of which there’s only 15 in the United States, nine of which are owned by the Feds. Compare that to the 1,356 BSL-3 Labs in the US, and you get the picture to a degree.

2 Likes

Great, thanks. I have a few more of those that are being delivered… Hope none of them are defective.

westchester county confirms second case of coronavirus

matter of time before ye boi becomes new jersey zombie #3

Well a university student really close to my high school has it.

wait, i went to Europe and visited Italy recently then came back here, i have (what i assumed to be) a flu

what if…

1 Like

bloody hell my older brother was at a metro station where a train had to stop to deal with a coronavirus victim case.

Thankfully he’s at the opposite side of that train :pray:

5 Likes

I doubt you have it. The first case in Italy was from a guy who supposedly had no contact woth anyone from china or anything from china. It also happened a couple days ago so unless you high-fived him you should be good.

isn’t it just like a flu anyway but with a chance of pneumonia if youre like 80

Why call it covid-19?

yeah we should call it Cody from now on

or you could

you know…

just purchase a nice gas mask for you and the whole family

A really big one for the whole family.

2 Likes

Holy hell Yarrrr, that’s something. Also, it feels weird and comforting that I live in a state with zero cases, as of me typing this post.

8 cases confirmed in san antonio

wish me luck

I wish you luck.

We just got first case in Poland.

gecko

7 Likes

Surprised it didn’t happen sooner, since there’s been a lot of cases in France and Germany.

3 Likes

i feel like were blowing the virus way out of proportions

its just the flu with 10% chance of death

oh im sorry 3% chance

besides economic damage, 51,450 recovered with only 2,555 killed
this is kind of like east Asia Ebola except not to terrible

ohh if your wondering where i got the numbers:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

4 Likes

News is blowing it out of proportion to make a quick buck by milking it dry. China also is hiding the real numbers, so it’s unlikely we’ll ever know the full extent of the virus until years after, if ever. There’s also bound to be cases that were never picked up on due to some never being diagnosed.

4 Likes