Crafting Timers, Ups And Downs

Yeah. Actually. I don’t really see a problem with the way mags are refilled in 3.0, atleast conceptionally. It’s not exactly easy to do under pressure anyway. Go ahead, try to sift through your inventory to refill mags during a firefight, you’ll probably die. I’ll tell you from experience.

I didn’t know that mags being refilled instantly was a point of contention.

It promotes pvp, which is not something we want to happen constantly in 4.0.

People hate the fact that 3.0 is a pvp fest here, not sure if you knew that yet or not (Since Im pretty sure you’re new here), but yeah

Edit: eh, you’ve been here a couple months… though I dont think many people really have talked about how mucht hey dislike 3.0s pvp fest in the past couple of months anyways

The very foundation of the game promotes pvp. Adding minor annoyances to the mix isn’t going to stop people from shooting each other. If the aim is to bring the focus away from pvp, then flesh out the survival mechanics some. People will have less time to try and hollow out eachother’s gourd because they’ll have to tend to their needs. And as a side-effect it will make the pvp that does happen scarier and higher stakes.

Also I am not new here, I’ve just been rather inactive.

Thats sorta the plan if you didnt know…

(ex. Bigger maps, better food system, rarer loot, need to manage gun parts possibly, seasons effecting how hard it is to survive, ect.)

I cant recall everything rn, but unturned was meant to be a survival game, not a pvp game.(It became a pvp game because nelson was trying to add most of the stuff that was suggested on steam) Nelson is trying to make it more based on survival.

Yes, I do know. That’s why I pointed it out.

I know the comment doesn’t really imply that I know what direction Nelson is trying to take UII in. But believe me, I am acutely aware.

btw, it still isnt an annoyance.

And it still helps, even if just a little. (And adds to the survival experience)

It’s rather annoying and it wouldn’t enhance the survival aspect nearly as much as you think it would. Except if annoying mechanics are your thing.

Perhaps it really only seems annoying to you?

Well yes. At this point, the argument is purely subjective.

Perhaps

Is this a good place to leave it on with? If you aren’t going to drop any more reasons to why it’s a good idea, then imma bounce.

Because I really don’t want to argue about something as subjective as “what I find annoying in a video game”

Sure

Alright. See ya.

Nice talk I guess.

Ye

Crafting timers should exist for all items, and be applied even if you’re only selecting to craft them one at a time. Crafting timers would exist not just as a way to make crafting more difficult, but also as a way to give players an opportunity to cancel crafting, which would be important if the ability to choose to craft batches of items were quickly, easily, and obviously available in Unturned II. The amount of time per item crafted should reflect the amount of frustration there would be in accidentally creating one that you don’t need. No one’s going to be upset about accidentally crafting one more nail than they need, but they might be more than a bit peeved by turning all of their scrap metal into 2000 nails, so the crafting time per nail should probably be less than a second, and only build up to a noticeable delay if you’re crafting many of them. A makeshift car or boat, however would waste many resources and can’t be used for many different purposes, so even a single one in the crafting queue should offer an appreciable window of time to cancel. You may wonder why I would insist that crafting timers be applied, even if they’re short enough that they might be finished before you can leave the crafting interface, and the reason is that applying crafting times inconsistently would create weird and pointless incentives to crafting items individually or in multiple small batches or a singular large batch.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.