Devlog #003

Link

As always please let me know what you think!

15 Likes

ā€œNPC controllersā€

What does this refer to?

The Double Drum on the Eaglefire(?) looks a bit wonky. IMO itā€™s too small in terms of height and length. Depth is great.

1 Like

Allowing the characters to be controlled by AI e.g. bandits.

8 Likes

ASDFHJAISPDOFJ OOOOOH BOY IM HYPED YESSSSSSSSSSS

k besides the hype, I really enjoyed this blog and Iā€™m liking what Iā€™m seeing so far. Iā€™m not quite sure how I feel about Magazines having proper names though. I feel like there could be confusion between say a 7.62x39 ranger mag and a 7.62 NATO Sabertooth mag.

1 Like

The sound design is already leagues ahead of 2.0/3.0, great job.
Sound in Unturned has always been an issue for me

The season change feature looks awesome! One question, will the game have an incorporated map editor mode which will be similar to the Unreal Engine editor?

if Hostile AIs are introduced, please make them completely optional (Toggle Enable/Disable). Thereā€™ll be some people for it, some against it, and servers being able to toggle them could do a lot of good for the community.

I agree
And their skill should be based on the difficulty of the game. Whether you set it on Easy, Medium, or Hard. Easy would make the AI use SMGs, have reduced aim, and reduced awareness. Hard would make the AI really good, knowing where you are if you make a sound, using ARs, improved aim, and more awareness of the cover they can use and where to rush. Tho, still having it to be toggle-able is the best of both worlds.

1 Like

I really love the weather changing the surface of the terrain and stuff like that.
Not to mention the soundsā€¦ My God, they sound fantastic!
I also noticed the laser not being in front when sprinting, gotta love those tiny details

Why no a ā€œwar modeā€ for example spawn 2 groups of 8 players in a map forcing the colision in a front line

This is meant to be a ā€˜Harsh, gritty and realisticā€™ game compared to 3.0. Call of Duty-esque suggestions should have no priority until long after the 4.0 has been released.

Difficulty shouldnā€™t change their weapons. I think it should be based off of what you give them, map-wise.

1 Like

If you think about it, simply suggesting a PvP-related idea with no effort for explanations aint getting you anywhere, yes?

2 Likes

i just propose a new style of mode don`t is anithing of more why not war game/Horde/Battle royal/survival pve and pvp ??

this is simple two teams(or more) a map and simulator of second world war in a sandbox game with square soldiers!

Unturned is a survival game, not a WW2 simulator.

2 Likes

maybe too much realistic bushes for too much unrealistic caracter?

there is no WW2 references?

ā€œthis is simple two teams(or more) a map and simulator of SECOND WORLD WAR in a sandbox game with square soldiers!ā€

but seriously letā€™s not clutter this thread with terrible PvP suggestions, letā€™s give our feedback to Nelsonā€™s devblog

2 Likes