Devlog #003

The bushes are far from realistic. They’re the same generic shrubs from 3.X with some animations

It’s also because of the lightning, and to my surprise I find that very promising. We’re getting back the gloomy/dark setting from 2.0 which makes the game experience much better compared to the cheery bright atmosphere of 3.0

1 Like

Well, i mean I wanted to say “and reduced damage” but it shouldn’t be that way. Since they are bandits, they should have guns if their own. And since it’s easy, they shouldn’t be able to do much damage, but at the same time, the reward isn’t that great because all you get is like a viper, a peacemaker, a callingcard, a bulldog, or even pistols.

But on hard mode, it’s gonna be high risk high reward. They’ll have assault rifles, magazines, thief outfits. Small chance of an Alicepack.

It would only make sense. Low risk, low reward. High risk, high reward.

I agree with Animatic, the sound design is amazing. In 3.0 all of the guns are only vaguely different, or use the same sounds. At least from what I notice. The weather surfaces is also a great little detail.

SIMPLE ADDITION

1 Like

They look more like 2.x bushes to me…

It’s always those tiny details that make it worthwhile

maybe it’s a combination of both? :thinking:

It’s round like in 2.x but thicker vegetation like in 3.x (cause the 2.x bushes are hollow…)

Yeah, the roundness is what I noticed first so I immediatly went for 2.x

I wonder how berries will be salvaged in 4.x tho :thinking:
Will we find small barries inside an igloo like in 2.0? Or will they be on the surface of the bush like 3.0?

Foliage settings = Low > Medium > High

7 Likes

New foliage is best foliage.

6 Likes

for the most part it’s great, but i’m concerned about how reloading seems to work. like despite keeping the magazine he drops it. something like insurgency sandstorm’s reloading mechanics would be fantastic

towards this whole AI debate, i REALLY don’t think difficulty should handle what equipment the AI has. that should be up to the map maker. difficulty should effect things like accuracy and tactics, and PERHAPS numbers/frequency to an extent.
oh wait, that ended. god dammit.

edit: read over the post again. reloading uses attach/detaching for magazines? woo zee mama.

2 Likes

keep the dark atmosphere. I like it.

I like the weapon weight/weapon sway detail aswell as the sounds, it is neat to look at and listen to. And the hold to pick-up mechanic is interesting.

The drum mag does look weird. I think the drum width needs to be adjusted.
drummag

Though what I am really excited about is
aaa

3 Likes

How does flash hider work?

It hides muzzle flash.

Grass and foliage look great, but I’d make the grass shorter (it’s almost as tall as the characters legs) and a little bit less dense. I’m fine with having longer grass, but in smaller patches (so people can hide in it). I really like the bushes and rocks!

They’re the same height like in 3.0. :thinking:

1 Like

Since it’s kinda relevant: some sort of mandatory grass please. Don’t let disabling it entirely. :frowning:

1 Like

I believe he didn’t really read the name

The sound of walking on the foliage is very odd. The crunch is extremely loud like you’re stepping on fall leaves. Running on grass depending on footwear is more like thumping. However I do like the bushes sound.

Nope, I’m just wondering will it hide bullet flash and muzzle flash, or is it just working on muzzle flash.