Devlog #003

Grass and foliage look great, but I’d make the grass shorter (it’s almost as tall as the characters legs) and a little bit less dense. I’m fine with having longer grass, but in smaller patches (so people can hide in it). I really like the bushes and rocks!

They’re the same height like in 3.0. :thinking:

1 Like

Since it’s kinda relevant: some sort of mandatory grass please. Don’t let disabling it entirely. :frowning:

1 Like

I believe he didn’t really read the name

The sound of walking on the foliage is very odd. The crunch is extremely loud like you’re stepping on fall leaves. Running on grass depending on footwear is more like thumping. However I do like the bushes sound.

Nope, I’m just wondering will it hide bullet flash and muzzle flash, or is it just working on muzzle flash.

Do you mean the tracers/bullet trails? Yes, it would hide them if we’re basing that on previous Unturned versions.

1 Like

I have an idea, what if the bandits have a base and they take you to it if they capture you and give you 3 days there and then they kill you, BUT the difficulty depends on the type of base axis: Easy, a wooden base, Medium a more resistant wooden base with some barricades, Hard a metal base with guards and barricades

1 Like

And if you refuse to go with them? How can they tell if you agree?

4 Likes

Good luck coding that even with the development team and budget of a AAA game, let alone a single dev. Hate to discredit Nelson, but while he’s good, he’s not that good (yet).

3 Likes

For something to replicate that you need a scripted event, but as some action by AI? I highly doubt anyone can do that

Don’t let your imagination go too far, keep it simple

2 Likes

The most we’re gonna get, AI-wise, are NPCs with patrol nodes and possibly customizable traits/gear.

Nothing crazy like what @DOOMSLAYER suggested.

4 Likes

easy, to be agree you do the animation of surrender, and will you not agree… well, shoot them

You have absolutely no idea on what’s realistic for 4.0 and what isn’t.

1 Like

When is another one?

what about pressing r drops it and holding puts it into your inventory?

i have bad experiences with holding r and reloading mechanics

i’m looking at you rs2

the mags have names like (ex,9.mm ) that might get confusing to get.

This was from last year, dude

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 28 days. New replies are no longer allowed.