Devlog #004

I’ve only got one issue and that’s the fact that the playermodel looks abnormal as hell when contorting the body to turn.

If you could reduce this from your lower body twisting nearly 90 degrees into something more natural such as a diagonal sidestep that doesn’t resort to our characters snapping their spinal cords whenever we break into a sprint sideways while looking in another direction. Might just be the T H I C C body model at work, but it looks really unnatural and painful to watch.

Other than this minor issue, you’ve managed to make a rough draft for an inventory system that Bohemia Interactive couldn’t do better with all their funding and resources in almost a decade.

3 Likes

…how, exactly?

I think he just means in the context of a vanilla survival game (or vanilla survival multiplayer?) it’d be weird.

I’m not sure about my take on it personally though.

i’ll admit that, but “bullshit” implies that there’s something about it that messes up balance

1 Like

be animal on a vanilla server is … strange.
but still useful for custom servers

This is looking absolutely great! Thank you for doing this!

As for the playing as an animal part mentioned on your blog, I would love the concept, adding a new mode around it or simply selecting between the two groups when joining a normal server. Though what I disagree with is the whole animal part itself.

I think you should be able to play as the zombies/infected instead of animals (or perhaps both, if you’d really like to flesh it out), as the game is centered on them, similar to Left 4 Dead 2s versus mode, which would, if executed well, add a great competitive-ness-ish that will keep the game alive for years to come (Left 4 Dead 2, for example, is almost 10 years old, yet it’s average player count is almost 15k! That’s impressive for a 10-year-old game, and we mostly have to thank versus mode for it.)

Thanks for reading, I’m really excited about the upcoming blogs!

1 Like

https://trello.com/c/a7qRFFGB/101-escape :wink:

2 Likes

hmmm that link

Escape

Trust me I’m trying

2 Likes

I see absolutely almost no problems besides the transition between standing and the prone position and maybe how the player turns his body 80 degrees like that. What you should do here is make the torso only move so much but the hands and head move instead of the torso at a certain point (15 degrees?)

When the player crouches sideways on that plane his legs don’t align like they do when the player climbs up, and when i think about it, it shouldn’t be possible.

When the player falls off the ledge and collides with the ground at 1:21 the player falls in such a way where he would fall down on his anus had he landed like that IRL.

Remember this? Nelson once you get your foods implemented the first one better be bran.
Petition to Bring Back Bran Cereal?

Edit: In regards to players in general, i’d like to be able to collide with other players instead of phasing through them. Zombies too.

1 Like

Playtest when?

I think it would look better if the torso turned as well? and maybe the head faced in the direction you where looking at.

Rough alpha state in a few months, optimally.

Nelson has addressed this already.

5 Likes

Everything looks freaking amazing but I call BS on the animal thing. Animations look amazing, just do what dudes brought up - make turning more normal and realistic.

I can see it now… Wolf RP servers with 10 year old kiddies <3

Progress is starting to look really good :smiley:
There’s just these 3 demands i have for 4.0, and i’m sure a lot of people share the same thought:

Better Optimization (people are praising Unreal Engine 4 for being really capable, optimization-wise, don’t they ?)
Better Netcode, i don’t want to get shot when i’m far behind cover. Not to mention the rubber-banding that makes sniping with ballistics nearly impossible.
And most important one: PLEASE, re-introduce the Coyote Pack. I swear, i see this thing when i close my eyes since 3.0 came out of Beta…

Keep up the good work!

i really like the animation and the inventory!but i don’t know why would we use glasses and watch?

Not everything needs to be useful.

It’s also because cosmetics may not return

1 Like

oh your right! but why don’t give them an utility?

As said not everything needs a use.

The only ‘Utility’ I could think of is Flashbang protection or nullifies bright flare effects, but really I would keep it for aesthetic purposes

3 Likes

Something was not shown: Can you still lean left and right?