Devlog #005

https://blog.smartlydressedgames.com/unturned-4-x-devlog-005/

Let me know what you think! :slight_smile:

21 Likes

So far so good!

I’m pretty damn excited. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Beautiful.

4.0’s progress is looking amazing, and I can’t wait to see where this leads. Nelson is certainly doing an amazing job on this, keep it up! :smiley:

1 Like

Looks good :v

im interested on this:

you can now locally host servers with the click of a button from the main menu

thats almost the same as 2.0 multiplayer hosting, right?

Oh man that ammo box there are so many possibilities you can do to create something similar to that. Like a toolbox with mechanic stuff, or MRE with a bunch of foodstuff in it

Plus stackable items. Some good ol’ 2.0 stuff returned

2 Likes

Please use firewatch style lighting and graphics. and maybe the witness like graphics. It would fit the name unturned more. cartoony graphics.

aim assist? could this mean 4.0 will have console support? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

3 Likes

He mentioned the aim assist for controllers in Devlog #3
I don’t think Unturned 4 will have console support, and if so, it’s probably going to be later in development Controllers are already supported + easier lan hosting + splitscreen so you can play Unturned at a party or something

3 Likes

Please change the “Bullets” counter to “Rounds”

absolute N U T

1 Like

Just controller support iirc.

1 Like

Overall, as usual I have to say you did an impressive job.

Regarding weapon modification/customization, I have a few small requests/recommendations.

• While there will be reasonable restrictions to the customization system, I do wish to see people modding their guns differently. Rather than one clear meta or “best configuration” there should be a very good balance and tradeoff with most/all builds for maximum variety.

• Hopefully you have taken into account the change in size/inventory occupancy of the gun as you add/remove parts from the base receiver.

• There should be a function where you can quickly manage and view individual parts on the gun preview screen, as well as their actual stats/impact on the gun itself. In addition a quick option to completely disassemble a gun’s components would be much appreciated.

• A modified gun should have a small icon over its spot in the inventory denoting that it is internally modified from the stock variant, and this should be denoted in the item description as well.

• While weight will not be an actual factor in inventory management, I think the more heavily bulked-up and decked-out a gun is, the slower you should move. Generally I’d like to see people holding heavy weapons not moving at full sprinting speed.

2 Likes

While there will be reasonable restrictions to the customization system, I do wish to see people modding their guns differently. Rather than one clear meta or “best configuration” there should be a very good balance and tradeoff with most/all builds for maximum variety.

yoip

Hopefully you have taken into account the change in size/inventory occupancy of the gun as you add/remove parts from the base receiver.

in progress

There should be a function where you can quickly manage and view individual parts on the gun preview screen, as well as their actual stats/impact on the gun itself. In addition a quick option to completely disassemble a gun’s components would be much appreciated.

old video, but that first half is already a thing; second half is cool though

oof

Well, at least it’s reassuring to know we have similar ideas in mind, and that they are being worked on.
I also have not been on the GitHub repository, is there any way I can sub or something

you can subscribe to individual cards afaik, but from what i can tell that only tells you when it closes

Bohemia Interactive and all their funding and time working on Dayz still ain’t got shit on Nelson.

5 Likes

MORE. ANIMATiONS!

I absolutely love this game, and since you’re using a very optimized engine for 4.0, please make this game well optimized. I’m having issues with unturned 3.0 since the russia update that made me stop playing it, and all i want in unturned 4.0 is a well optimized game, that can run at least in 25 fps and with more graphics settings so we can make it look smoother <3

i have an idea for multiplayer.free private servers.that’s mean when you invite your friend in your MAP he will connect in the game with you without having to create a servers(your computer and his computer are the server)

Already added. He says this in the first few sentances that peer to peer is now a working feature.

1 Like