Devlog #006

how many people notice the level of detail on the road???

so realistic

7 Likes

i think your hopes are a bit too high

6 Likes

Really?
You think we can play it on Windows Vista?

1 Like

Weekly Devblogs? Hell yeah. The new house looks so good,when i saw the garage the first thing came in my mind is ''Will it be better to use a normal house as a base whitout struggles? :smiley: ‘’,i hope we will see zombies soon :blush:

1 Like

Well true, but how would it appear on steam if it’s just a Beta? Because as far as now there’s still a lot to come

Like the level of detail on the house + over 9000

The house need to be more dirty and broken, and the inventory need a bit of work. I would like a weekly devlog, even if there’s just boring things.

Houses not being dirty, broken, overgrown, or fortified has been a deliberate decision by Nelson, to give clear indication where players have built or destroyed, and to not clutter the maps with tons of minor details, but that may change in 4.X

1 Like

I think there are should be ability to remove barricades

This is a super cool dev blog. Its been interesting to watch your skills grow over the years! And as a fellow programmer I think its fun to see the “boring” things you do!

1 Like

Well now I can’t wait anymore for 4.0 !
Also I’d like weekly devblogs I like more info about the developpement of unturned

1 Like

I’m confused as to what you’re asking. I think you’re assuming it has to go through the modern-day equivalent of Steam Greenlight, but no.

1. You get Unturned from the Store page.
  2. You now have two separate games in your Steam Library.
  3. You install Unturned 3, Unturned 4, or both.
  4. Profit

Windows XP cannot run Unreal Engine 4. Someone’s going to take that post seriously and think they can, but no, they really should just update by now. :weary:

3 Likes

I guess my joke was taken a bit too far xD.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s kinda what i was talking about.
Because i thought it was a bit too early to put 4.x in the steam stores. Especially when it’s still in beta. Cuz usually when people release their beta versions of their game, it’s usually on their own website. Then on full release, they do it on steam

1 Like

Who said that you would download 4.x directly from the store ?

Ummmmm… Molton?
You can scroll up and see for yourself xD

You would get access to 4.x by downloading the current Unturned, it wouldn’t have it’s own market page. It’s like buying PUBG and having the Test Server aswell in your library.

1 Like

I did not say that.

1. You get Unturned from the Store page.
  2. You now have two separate games in your Steam Library.

See Oyamat’s post for rewording if this doesn’t make sense. You have Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege, don’t you? I’m pretty sure they have a Technical Test Server that is done the same way.

If you have Starbound, they also have something similar. If you don’t have any Steam games that help describe this, then you could think of as buying Overwatch but then being able to download Overwatch, PTR, or both.

You don’t have to buy Rainbow Six Siege twice. You don’t have to switch to a beta branch to play on the technical test server. You bought Rainbow Six Siege, so now you have both. You can install the main game version, the technical test server version, or both.

2 Likes

Yeah, i got it now
Thanks
And sorry cuz my brain just isn’t thinking straight today

This is something that bothered me in the Ability Stats Teaser too: why not make the black border/outline fade out slightly? I’ve used a 2 px width 253 fade on my personal renditions of icons, which helps them blend into the background nicer.
Dogtags iconReflex Sight iconMOLLE Rucksack iconEaglefire iconBelt icon56mm Military Ammo Crate icon

Also, is the low-poly version of models of attachments being used as icons (when attached to the Eaglefire) intentional? I noticed that in the inventory video the Reflex Sight used the low-poly version, and that appears to be the case here too (but now also with the Angled Foregrip and STANAG Suppressor).

3 Likes