Devlog #006

The house looks amazing but who’s there to make it look clean. by now raiders must of smashed the windows. Even after 1 year of leaving my old house there were vines everywhere, foliage flooded the concrete. I not gonna lie its a fantastic model but try to add more Structural damage/Overgrowth. And possibly even mud stains and maybe the player could repair it

Abandoned house (not mine)
Use in Zombie infested/Abandoned towns

Repaired house (not mine either)
Use mostly in NPC locations with people

1 Like

The houses perfectly match the art style, and I’m really excited for the upcoming beta.
Weekly devlogs sound great, even if the features are boring at times.
As for the next devlog, bran cereal plox?

Those stats are my KINK
@Whistleblower

1 Like

can’t wait to see restrooms

Looking forward for alpha and beta.I’d like to know the exectly mouth when would alpha update :slight_smile:

Looks like we’ll be seeing the alpha test very soon, all we need is the test map and mod tools if I’m correct.
prays for next week because impaitent

Well the Alpha Milestone on 4.0’s Github (https://github.com/SmartlyDressedGames/Unturned-4.x-Community/milestone/1) says it’s at 95% done so uhhh.

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!

1 Like

Awawawaawawa! Finally!

Wait, the first map won’t be PEI?

No it’s going to be a box, and on all faces the texture will be a low quality pic of Nelson’s face.

I’d buy it.

3 Likes

Holy fuck yes, thank the heavens.

2 Likes

The first map playable in 3.X was Alpha Valley (The survival version has since been removed) so I don’t see the problem with 4.X doing something similar.

1 Like

You uncultured swine!

Devtest_1 is still the best map ever made for Unturned, PEI can sit down!

Also people who call it “Alpha Valley” make me die on the inside

1 Like

Devtest_1 sounds too much like Devtest_2

1 Like

this is bloody brilliant

I’d say something more productive but I’m too excited and tired to think properly

Keep up the good work, my man.

2 Likes

lets see
It has been 6 months or approximately 122 days since the first 4.x devlog.
according to the Unturned 4.x github, Nelson is 95% done with the first stable alpha version of the game.
95% of 122 is 115.9, which rounded up is 116
122 - 116 = 6 days, essentially meaning the first test version might be about a week or two away.
Not even considering most of the unfinished high-priority features are halfway done!

LAST CALL TO GET ON THE HYPE TRAIN

2 Likes

It’s been 95% done for several weeks. It’s more exponential than what you portray it as, because Nelson adds more issues than originally existed moments ago, and while he may end up closing most of those issues he’ll still have the originals (or more in addition to the originals) to do.

That, and some things don’t get put on GitHub. For example, all the aspects of developing Pineridge.

1 Like

oh…
facepalm

I mean, that’s not to say it isn’t coming soon regardless, it’s just like… don’t over-hype just yet, fam. Enjoy the other things, like potentially weekly devlogs during the map’s prop and material development!

I’m personally hoping dual-wielding is also finished before the beta release, too. We need to see our glorious G19s up close and personal.

2 Likes