Devlog #010

I prefer to buy my sense of pride and accomplishment from EA thank you very much.

10 Likes

Bandit NPCs

i’m–you know what i’m not complaining, fuckin’ gucci mate

2 Likes

"My current imagination of the Turned are very dark, organic mutations and growths on the apocalyptic buildings, e.g. growths that spawn monsters or creatures attached to the ceiling.

Turned versions of players that have their gear
Ceiling-mounted grapplers
Experiment with more organic design"

I might be misunderstanding this, but the enemies are going to be mutations, instead of zombies? Or they are going to be like an “egg sack?” Interesting. Also, the grapplers sound cool, would it be just like a HL2 barnacle?

1 Like

damn, nelson ain’t a kid no more

1 Like

I want to say that maybe they’re going to be more similar to “The Last of Us”'s infected, perhaps? I believe you’re right in thinking that it’s going to be more than just undead walking.

1 Like

Sounds like all of the above, but, basically, more similar to the Flood than zombies tbh.

Barnacles and spawner growths should spawn on any surface though, not just ceilings.

4 Likes

The choice of words expresses an idea, and if we’re going to quote them as great words, we should consider what they mean; if they were truly part of some great quote, rather than just some words carelessly placed in a report, they would mean that instead of following a policy of “when in doubt follow reality, and balance it from there” he would be following a policy of only adding anything for their impact on the atmosphere or gameplay, which can only be known if they’ve already been implemented in other games.

…Harvest are you an english teacher

WAIT

IS YOU SAYIN’
SMACKS LIPS
EATS%20AN%20MRE
EATS AN MRE, KILLS A FRESHSPAWN, DESTROYS AN ADMIN BASE, KOS'S ON AN RP SERVER
WE’S DIMENSION TRAVELLERS AND
B R E A K S M I C

…i’m sorry, but at the same time i’m not

3 Likes

So would you always be traveling to the same “frontier fortified complex,” or would there be different ones for each map, or maybe a different procedurally generated complex each time?

Nelson,I have a question.
How in the actual universe are you going to keep Unturned II optimized after adding all of those features written in the roadmap?
I have no idea about game development,but this is just OVERWHELMING!

NOW XOMBIES ARE OFFICIALLY TURNED!..

…

…

Now serious. This is so fuckin great. I have another reason to live now!
Really, this is extremely great, but traveling to another dimensions it’s kinda… strange. Maybe you can do it like it’s a nightmare when you just exploring some castles, dungeons etc.

Would you like a game mechanic where you have to use the bathroom ever so often? Or how about a mini-game where you remove ticks. Or maybe you would catch a cold and you cough every five seconds. Sounds like fun!

Turned are from an alternate dimension tho bro xd

The only one of those suggestions that sounds even remotely feasible to implement in Unturned is coughing. In a game more like the Long Dark, a single player game with numerous tasks that cause time skips, relieving oneself might be a feasible mechanic, but in Unturned, even if I wanted it, I don’t see how it could be implemented. Mini games should never be implemented into Unturned, (except if you want to call side game modes minigames) either a mechanic should be included without breaking the flow of the game, or not included at all. Realistically, the coughing reflex can be suppressed, and if you’re coughing every five seconds, you’re either forcing yourself to cough or on your deathbed already.

Sarcasm is hard to convey over the internet. I am sorry.

2 Likes

/s

Oh I’m sorry, I think you dropped this.

2 Likes

Most of the features he mentioned in the trello don’t really affects the performance, cause the code lines that make them work aren’t called at a high refresh rate (expept water and snow related things). One trick to avoid performance issues is by not using event tick (if you are using blueprints in Unreal Engine 4), instead, just set a timer.

1 Like

Ceiling mounted graplers

goodneas

now I want to set the spanwrate to 500% and fill the server with speakers in it and watch the mayhem that unfolds

Sleeping through the night if all players are in bed

I’m guessing nights are going to be nightmares if this is a thing

also minecraft