Devlog #010

I just noticed on the “where do these cards come from” card it lists YouTube comments as one of the inspirations.

big smoke OOOH

The “dimension hopping” idea is absolutely amazing, would be great to see this as a replacement of horde beacons

Yeah, iirc there’s a fair amount of Unturned YouTubers and streamers that Nelson watches clips of. A lot of them have billboards in Unturned 3.

That may be true, but I think we all know that certain comments found on YouTube videos are one of the main incentives never to learn how to read. :confused:

It’s like Steam patch note comments, but worse

“Realism for the sake of realism is bad. For example organ-specific damage: nobody is intentionally aiming for your lungs, so it comes down to random bad luck that you suddenly can’t breath.”

I think that the basis of organ damage arguments is that if somebody’s arms, or legs get shot it makes absolutely no sense that a limb of no importance for sustaining life getting pummeled with bullets can cause death to occur.

Escape from Tarkov’s damage system is a good example of this idea.

EDIT: Quote source

Thanks man,I was really worried there.

Nice job keep it up

Im happy about the new devlog but i guess this game will take a long time to be release :frowning:

That’s a given, and it’s also a very good thing.

Early 3.0 got rushed, look what we ended up with. Iffy optimization, trivial zombies and janky at best vehicle physics.

Nelson should take all the time he needs.

But I can’t wait for it…if he can’t release it sooner at least he should show short clip of gameplay/trailer where he kills zombie or kill bandits

Bandits are not a priority and you will likely have already played the game by then.

We’ll likely get a PvP beta pretty soon in a couple of months (period of time which seems to be only renewing), so be patiend and don’t get beaten up by hype, as the true and most significant features that will make the game what it is (or will be, lol) will take most of the time to slightly appear, one by one.

Tooooooo lllooooonnngggg man

Game acces can be considered after Nelson is done with the CI. That is the main thing you should be wating for. It is already in the priority list.

I see…nvm then

After reading this I’m in awe at the size of this lad all the features that are more or less confirmed. The replay one seems cool, but is it going to be like demoes in Source games, with a free camera and all, or just recording gameplay.

I however have my concerns with how easy the modding looks. Sure, it’ll bring in a lot of people, but it could also flood the workshop with terrible reskins and generally bad mods. We’ll have to wait and see.

1 Like

I think it will actually be like the fortnite, or war thunder replay feature. Once your done with a session, you could fly around and see what else was happening while you were playing.

That sounds fun. Would this require a good PC?

I don’t think so, I don’t know how they do it though. I think they use Nvidia for it, so I think the match saves on their servers.