Devlog #013

Let’s take a look at the skeletons in the closet…

31 Likes

Nice!

Good job!

also I see a timberwolf

1 Like

This player model looks really good! I think going for the more detailed rig/animation system is definitely the way to go.

1 Like

Going to highlight specific parts of the post.

Core Philosophy

“This post is a great example of why 4 is taking so long! One of my core philosophies with 4 has been that if I can do it better, I should do it better. I want to make the best quality game I can for you. :grinning:

Denizen Rig Download

“There is still a fair bit of work to do, but for the moment you can download this version here: Download

This rig will change, so don’t rely on it for making mods too much or they’ll break. Feedback is also good!

Unturned II Beta

“To wrap around to the first line about how this takes more time: once the rig’s done I’ll have to re-do all the animations and clothes! Once all this is in the game again it might make sense to start a simpler beta so that at least you can begin playing around with these as I work on them. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Try experimenting with maya’s rigging. Anyways the blender rig looks nice. Havebt tested it though. Will do tomorrow

Looks nice, I still like the blockier look of the previous player model. The new one seems too skinny and the legs are really long

6 Likes

It looks like the player has gone on a very major diet.

7 Likes

They do look a bit lanky. I prefer the previous legs just because they slant inwards more, near the torso. Looks better than the spaced out rectangular prisms.

4 Likes

skeletons in the closet

heh

3 Likes

The model definitely needs to have better proportions.

I do wonder how the 3rd model from the concept art would look ingame…

1 Like

Legs aside, I really like the look of that model. The legs only look barely out of place, really. Really love the work Nelson, keep it up.

4 Likes

The shoulders look off too, imo.

I think the issue is that it’s just the debug mesh being shown, but I can’t tell tbh. The post is a bit more about the animation rig more than it is about the model.

1 Like

With these new skeletons. I’m pretty sure we will be able to dab on them raiders in 4.0 (and maybe at the turned too)

The future is lookin’ bright already.

3 Likes

excited cat sounds

I thought I ordered this game

:b:oneless

5 Likes

I approve of this so much.
The v2 iteration is gorgeous, I feel like my calls have been heard when I said v1 still looks really chunky and the head is damn big.
Thank you father Nelson, I will follow you to the end of the earth.

Is it just me, or does the model in the 3rd picture look overly slim/slender?
Btw, i love your work and I’m glad you were able to find a place to stay sooner than later

wait… it’s a new one?

All that’s left is to paste the Unturned-style face we all recognise and love

4 Likes

4 Likes