Devlog #020

Firing Range demo is here! Featuring a sniper rifle to test on targets (Static, moving and range adjustable), inventory system, and other brand new features.

Blast Lane is also playable for two or more players. Certainly not a Bomberman clone

https://blog.smartlydressedgames.com/unturned-ii-devlog-020

44 Likes

Now THAT is one juicy bolt-action. :drooling_face:

On a more serious note it’s very nice to gradually start seeing all the work and care Nelson’s been putting into all the aspects of UII. I absolutely love the attention to details like sub-preview pane item interaction, visual indications of ammunition quantity, etc.

I do really like the new UI; it seems very clean and surely more aesthetically pleasing than U3’s while retaining all the functionality (and then some!) As a comment for the interaction menu, perhaps it could be a configurable option to switch between the current method of hovering/scrolling and pressing F to perform the selected action, versus holding F to bring up the menu and pressing another button/letting go to select it.

Overall, I think the foundation of the game is really starting to take shape now! :smile:

12 Likes

Aiming down the sights without the scope on is a little… interesting!

7 Likes

Here’s a suggestion for the dequip menu, right now in my opinion its kinda weird it would be kinda cooler if there was like an X at the top that u would click that would just clear all u attachments ok thats all thanks guys

17 Likes

doit

Wonderful as always, keep it up :+1:

14 Likes

where the cuck is horde mode

I want a refund now

5 Likes

REVEAL YOUR SECRETS, UNKNOWN OBJECTimage

21 Likes

Canadian super weapon prototype testing, 1954, Colorized

I love the free look feature a lot!

But seriously, this is pretty cool. The only change I suggest is swapping the inspection window controls for pan camera and rotate object. It makes more sense for holding alt to be needed to pan, as rotating is something that’s done more often in the inspection window.

12 Likes

Too bad I don’t have regular ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Now THAT is juicy

Also, not all the Regulars got the demo
and yes, I’m sad too.

1 Like

ogay kamers, this is epic

2 Likes

there’s really only one way to respond to that

3 Likes

Based on the Precision Marksman (PM) & Arctic Warfare (AW)

2 Likes

The list of people who get keys and how people are selected to get keys still remains a mystery :thinking:

Also, I just HAD to mention this. It would be a war crime not to.

5 Likes

Very good, but I would like to know where the trigger of the new rifle is but my hype was the heights.

1 Like

Will the vehicle demo be avaliable for newcomers?

2 Likes

Probably the best devlog so far. Good job Nelson, the game looks really good. Can’t wait to get my hands on it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Looks like functional holster-stocks and hasty slings will probably be possible in 4.X’s inventory system.

2 Likes

Can I play Firing range demo?
But it’s not…It seem distributed only to a limited number of people.

1 Like