Different terrain, more differences within it

Didn’t mean for this to turn into a Mega-Thread, by the way. That’s my bad, please don’t kill me please, lmao.

Okay so, this might not make any sense whatsoever, but here we go. I know that this is already going to be somewhat a thing in Unturned 4.0, but at the same time, I want to suggest some things to it. Anyway, so basically I’d like to see more kinds of terrain. In Unturned 3.0, it’s basically just some hills and flatlands, and there are only really big differences in the modded or curated maps. Some examples are Mountains, Swamps, etc. And maybe some of the Mountains could have roads in some of the maps. But what I’m getting at is that I would like to see this kind of stuff in the default maps that come with the game, which allows you to not have to download them.

Usually, stuff that is made by the game creator and comes with the game is better than what is modded. Don’t get me wrong, most of the curated stuff is very nice and detailed, but it would be cool if it was made by Nelson as it might come out more detailed.

If Mountains in some of the default maps do get added, I’d like to see some springs up on the Mountains (as some Mountains actually do have those in real-life). It would be a nice feature.

Now let’s talk about water. Obviously, water is a very key thing for survival (and if Unturned 4.0 is going to be more detailed when it comes to survival, this would be great). Okay, now for some new water sources. It would be nice being able to drink out of ponds, springs, lakes, etc. Maybe in maps with Mountains, you could drink out of natural springs (on top of Mountains) without getting sick or whatever. But if you drink out of water that might be infected with something, you get radiation or whatever.

And another thing I think should be added with the release of Unturned 4.0 is better snow, along with some better rain. For the snow, it would be amazing if snow eventually started to pile up but in a realistic manner. But for the rain, maybe ditches could flood or other places like that could as well. And when it’s snowing badly, maybe water could freeze? Some of these options should allow you to turn them off inside of the game settings, which would help out the Unturned players with low-performance computers.

Anyway, these were my suggestions. Please be constructive and not rude to others or me. Thank you!

4 Likes

Your ideas are good, having different terrain like plateaus and different mountains would be quite beneficial to the game as it would make it more interesting.

As for water, I would love to see water that rises in one place and flows down a river, the water near the source would be clean for consumption, but water from rivers (especially near the cities) would be unfit for consumption without proper use. filtration and boiling.

Rain and snow will probably be much better worked than in Unturned 3.0, somewhere I saw that there would be seasons, so we will not have maps with only snow, but going through snowy periods.

2 Likes

Yeah. I see where you are coming from, and do agree with you.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.