Executions

most boxes have tiny cracks along the sides to see through unless ur talking about cardboard boxes which can be broken with 1 bullet either way

i’m not talking about either of those, bud. i’m talking about crate_2 in the video game Unturned, the low-poly zombie survival game whose crates do not contain holes.

3 Likes

throw a frag grenade behind that crate if ur that paranoid. this would make melee more viable too which would improve the game

i don’t do that, you do. i’m accusing you of being paranoid since you apparently shoot at every possible object that could impose cover to an enemy you see.

3 Likes

im not paranoid for paying attention to my surroundings and prefiring common spots

yes you are. “prefiring common spots” is being paranoid. please stop replying to me.

3 Likes

i seriously dont understand how shooting at a spot where people sit at a LOT is being paranoid.

btw if you stop replying to me, ill stop replying to you

We don’t know how rare ammo will be and how weapons will get worn out in U2. So firing at common spots wont be an option because you most likely wont have enough ammo and your guns will get worn out and start jamming.
Mufflers/Suppressors will also get worn out and i have a feeling the U2 zombies will be far more dangerous than the ones in 3.0 so firing a nonsuppressed firearm in a big city is gonna end up attracting a massive horde to your location.
(Weapons jamming at low condition is not confirmed yet and i don’t know if they already do that)

3 Likes

Its a fucking game, theres no need to be that realistic.

2 Likes

You can easily end these threads by making a poll on who would want to add executions or knockout.

Like, if I want to take this more seriously:

Give melee weapons an insta-death ability when behind someone’s back?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

3 Likes

50/50. (10 character limit)

Thats cause only 2 people voted. So youre only agreeing with yourself

4 Likes

The alternative way to end this is to make one hour into 24.

3 Likes

Are you being intentionally dense ?

You’re talking about prefiring boxes and corners in a survival game, like it’s Rainbow Six Siege. There’s 100% no fucking way you’re prefiring every single thing that is remotely suspicious of a hiding spot, as if people hide a lot in 3.0, especially in urban areas.

Nobody is going to believe you on this. And if by any absolutely miniscule, electron-sized chance that you do actually prefire everything in Survival, then you’re the only person that does this in the observable and non-observable universe combined.

And you’re still thinking that you’re here to post low-effort shitty ideas, so people can argue why they’re shitty, so you can claim that you’ve won arguments, when people have had enough of your absolutely mind-boggling logic of a tree trunk, like… what ???

Somebody please ban this guy or something already, he’s posted 9 low-effort topics in 6 days, all of which are filled with people being frustrated with him, there’s no way he’s serious and not trolling.
And i apologize in advance if this response seems too harsh.

And Brayden, if you end up reading through the entire thing, or just skip to this last sentence and you’re honestly serious; please, learn to accept denial and disagreement and stop dismissing people all willy-nilly, because you play Tarkov or some other random nonsense like that.

9 Likes

im not not accepting denial. im just giving my counter-arguments

I’m pretty sure that when 12 people (with me in the count) have disagreed with you on this topic alone, it’s not about providing your own argument, it’s denial for your idea not getting accepted.

When regular users in this forum that have had input on topics and have given effort into topics of their own, all disagree with you, then it’s time to accept that the idea is not taken well and stop. You can change the original idea so it’s better suited for the game, but you shouldn’t regurgitate the same thing over and over, which in this topic, is either “pay attention to your surroundings and prefire corners” or “it’s realistic, it should 1-shot”.

Paying attention to your surroundings is generally good advice, but everything PVP oriented can boil down to paying attention. Prefiring corners in a Survival game is only needed when you’re raiding or you’re in a fight in an urban area, a scenario where you KNOW that there is danger.

A person hiding in a building is not an immediate danger, you don’t know anything. So what’s the difference between R6 Siege and Unturned II ? You know that R6 Siege will have 5 players in a small-scale CQC game. In an open world, you literally have no idea what can be where, unless confirmed.

As for realism, the reasoning behind people NOT wanting 1-shots has been explained. Unfair, leaves a person unable to retaliate when jumped on and the fact that sneaking up on someone in a survival game is considerably more luck, than skill. Where skill comes in, is reading players and catching them off-guard when they do expect it, but a 1-shot still wouldn’t be great. It’ll be rewarding for the attacker, but ultimately denies any chance of survival for the attacked.

It works in TF2, because it’s a dynamic, fast-paced game where a backstab is just a 20s setback, in a Survival game, that’s hours. And, of course, it doesn’t leave any chance for the attacked to retaliate. EVERYONE needs to have an equal chance of surviving an encounter and an equal chance to win an encounter. That is what good game design comes down to in PVP scenarios.

6 Likes

Given Melee weapons an insta-death ability when behind someone’s back?

1564313929_l8wvajj296c11

10 Likes

tf2 > unturned because melee can instakill in that game

I can see this topic has gone back and forth quite a lot, and it has peaked my interest. So I have come here to propose an alternate idea. I like the ideas of executions myself but the 1-shot mechanic would not agree well with the way Unturned plays out. Simply running through/jumping around a player until you get behind them for an instant-kill sounds like it would be completely terrible.

I propose that executions be a method of attack that can be used while behind an enemy. This can have uses in both PVE and PVP aspects of Unturned II.

In the PVE aspect, it can be used as a way to silently take out zombies. If you have ever snuck behind a group of un-alarmed zombies and stabbed one in the back, you have likely experienced something among the lines of all of them hearing your attack and jumping on you immediately. I think executions should be a silent way to eliminate zombies, allowing for the killing of one just behind another without raising alarm. The tradeoff would be the execution taking a while taking longer than a normal attack to execute.

In terms of PVP, it could work in a similar fashion. I am also against the idea of one-shot mechanics, as previously mentioned, so I say that it can be countered by the executee. Simply pressing a designated key (For example, it could be the key used to pistol whip if there is one) to counter the execution. The window would be quite large to react, that way players of all levels can survive such an encounter. After countering, the executioner will be pushed or kicked away, and the player would be disarmed if they were holding a ranged weapon. This could act as a way for lower-geared players to fight against more well equipped fighters.

To hopefully clear up some questions or confusion, let me set an example situation this could be useful in. Say you, newly off spawn, have found yourself some basic items, like some clothes, some food, and maybe a kitchen knife in a small town. As you head into the street you spot a player in full military gear, and they spot you. They take aim and fire a few shots at you, so you retreat into the nearest building. Knowing you don’t stand much of a chance out of melee combat, you take cover behind a doorway and the aggressive geared player runs through trying to hunt you down. They pass you and you run up behind him and attempt and execution. He counters you, but you have disarmed him and now the fight has suddenly become a brawl between the two of you.

This may help make melee a bit more viable against rangers. Although disarmed, the more geared player could still back off and draw a handgun, or choose to engage in melee combat. This would influence players to keep at least one backup weapon in their accessible loadout. (Keep in mind the geared military level player would still hold the advantage in his armored/tactical clothing and in weaponry.)

3 Likes

Bruh ,its not a good idea, as it will be misused quite easily, people will just keep using it to one hit people

3 Likes