Guide post with Suggestion - How to be a long-range sniper

What do you mean by “guide post”? Is this just to inform random SDG people about how snipers work? Or is it a guide for Nelson when programming and implementing all of these gun mechanics? If the ladder, then that’s a suggestion post that guides Nelson on what to include as he adds all of this. If not, why post all of this information?

I explicitly said “While it may not be realistic, I believe it’d be a better system.” This is because I value gameplay far more than realism as it always directly controls how fun and fair a game will be, unlike realism.

The part I mentioned would just be the reticle itself as that is what you are replacing. Similar to how a holo sight doesn’t require a tool to replace in 4.x, the reticle wouldn’t require one.

I based my assertion off of how you said “There’s so many scope’s reticles in the world. Not only 6 or 8 reticles!” right under an image with 27 reticles. I think you can see how I thought you were implying that we add a ton of them.

As I said in my original post, if there were around 15 it would be fine. So can we agree on around that many scopes being included? At about 15 it would leave a skill-gap, but a fairly manageable one where players can learn all of the scopes pretty quickly and become accustomed to them.

And in my original post I also asked if we could compromise with just one of each. You seem to have missed that part, but at this point I’d say a few of each would be fine (for the rarer zoom scopes).

I didn’t pay much attention while watching, my bad. That sounds like a interesting idea. And it wouldn’t be that confusing seeing as the invisible laser would be just like the current range finders until you find a special scope for it. I like it.

“Everyone”, yes in real life. I’m referring to in-game. Like I said, it’d be ridiculous to require every player to pull out calculators unless it was only at extreme distances. (To prevent being easily sniped from 1000m away, aka a “long range target”). We’re not even in a disagreement here, yet you’ve made it out to be one.

I’m not allowed to insert a few jokes here and there? (there were only two) And what are you even referring to? The statement you quoted doesn’t even use “/s”.

This is called Ad Hominem. That’s a fallacy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVFK8sVdJNg - “The Ad Hominem Fallacy”

Technically and unfortunately no.

And sorry about the swearing word but, I was too freaking impatient because everything went freaked up IRL
Or I’m (censored) r-tarded.

First Focal planes is aka FRONT focal plane
And Second Focal plane is aka REAR focal plane.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/06/foghorn/ask-foghorn-rifle-scope-parallax/amp/

I think 11~14 amount of sights would be good but for some reason I forgot to write about that.

When I said one of each scope I’m not referring to having both functions applied to the same scope. I’m saying that we can just keep it simple with 2 different zoomable scopes, with each scope having either FFP or SFP, not both.

This creates an interesting difference between the scopes while still keeping zoomables an overall rarer kind of scope compared to others.

Sounds good to me.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.