Home-brewed alcohol

afaik alcohol doesn’t give you any of these

You’re probably correct! Simply put, alcohol doesn’t make you warmer, but because you may think you’re burning up you may end up with hypothermia or frostbite due to not receiving the proper sensory information regarding… well… cold stuff!

2 Likes

@anon42100029 This is actually a really good idea. I am so glad you suggested this, I hope they add this.

Agreed with the “child friendly” conclusion, though for different reasons. Online is spooky, children online may see/experience spooky things, and restricting official game content won’t prevent modders and the community at large from making/doing spooky stuff.
Haven’t read that “corpse thread” you mentioned. Sounds like some interesting conversation.

Found this from a quick google search. A renewable way to make some low ABV fluids! (maybe)
https://www.ourheritageofhealth.com/how-to-make-homemade-yeast/

Rotten fruits can surely get some alcohol in it, though that likely has more variables than I am aware of.
Various mammals enjoy eating “fermented” fruits and becoming hilariously intoxicated off them. Our ancestors could have figured this out through observation or through first-hand experience due to desperation for food.
Yes, the fruits aren’t vodka, but they may contain alcohol. (You might get ill consuming too many, though)

If alcohol will be in U2, the distinction between brewing and distilling would be a nice touch.
Here ya go: https://brewhaus.com/blog/lets-compare-brewing-beer-vs-distilling-spirits/

Glad to see the myth of alcohol “warmth” has seen skepticism, especially with help from Mythbusters.
Alcohol acts as a CNS depressant as well as a vasodilator, so perception is hindered and you are subject to further heat loss.
You’d probably feel warm initially due to increased blood flow, but you would quickly lose that heat that may be necessary for survival.

Alcohol is packed with energy, though most drinks with alcohol are hardly close to pure alcohol. Though drinks like beer are loaded with carbs, the human’s primary energy source and dietary nemesis.

In game terms: Short-term decrease of hypothermia symptoms w/ increased heat loss. Sensory distortion and/or deprivation to varying degrees depending on quantity consumed.

Did I reply to a month+ old post? Yes. The thread reply covered an interesting topic to comment on.

5 Likes

I don’t see how being spooky has anything to do with vodka.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.