Human Character Revision Feedback

Rev #1 should be a zombie e.g. :wink: btw i do realy like the progress that you made Nelson +1

Oh and is this going to be in 3.0 or more like a 4.0 thing ?

This is for 4.0 most probably

1 Like

Even before reaching the end of Nelson’s post I really liked Rev #4 and apparently I’m not the only one, Nelson reads our minds :thinking:

Rev #4 is the perfect combination between all the other Revs, keeping the current Unturned 3 form but with a better shape. Nice work Nelson, really excited about that kind of posts !

1 Like

Opinions on each:
Unturned 3: I love it, the classic Unturned 3 styled model, much better than 2.0, but I do think it’s time for a change and whatnot, I was scared you would mess up the model since you said you might change it, but looking at these ones I think you’re doing good.

Rev #1: I agree with the caption, it’s horribly mutated and too small, this is personally my least favourite. I do not think this would work with the game. So I don’t really have any improvements for it because I really dislike it lol. That thigh gap though.

Rev #2: I love this one, It’s like the Unturned 3.0 model but more updated, great model overall. I think you could improve it by making the waist slightly thicker and the arms slightly thinner.

Rev #3: This one is ok, not my favourite but alright, personally I think it has too many polygons (is that what the edges are called?) on the body and the legs aren’t as blocky as I’d like them to be.

Rev #4: If Unturned was to have an updated character model for 4.0, this would be it. It’s perfect for Unturned I feel, the only problem is that the arms look too short, but I can live with that. I love the fact there is a feminine version of it too, so we can finally tell the difference between male and female characters in Unturned! (If this becomes the model of course) If it does, please just make the hitboxes the same!

1 Like

Rev #3 and #4 is definitely the go-to.

I’m sure my reasons are already listed by others. Also it should atleast not irritate fat shamers

3 Likes

I think Rev #1 should be the new player model.

3 Likes

I actually came up with a small little example that needs a bit more work, but would easily work with existing cosmetics, and any new ones added.

I added upperarms/lowerarms, and upperlegs/lowerlegs, and ideally the rigging would be ridged instead of bendy (think joints, instead of pool noodles) as it is now. It does need some adjustments, such as the spacing of legs and the size of the arms/legs, but I’m kinda happy with it.

4 Likes

Ooo this is interesting. As for me i’m really digging #3 and #4, The slightly more built up mid section and shoulders on #3 could look good with the adjustments made to #4. I feel like giving the legs a slightly more outwards and spread natural stance could help. Also id recommend trying to make the torso a bit less wide as i feel that cutting down on the incredibly chunky body types could make Unturneds gunplay more interesting since the giant centre of each player would be so large.

If theres going to be male and female models id say ensuring they have a identical hitbox would be something worth prioritising. Wouldn’t want players all picking one body type because it has some percentage less body mass or something along those lines. But all that aside #3 and #4 and really good, i love how 4’s arms and legs appear to get slightly skinnier at the tips. i reckon that should definitely be a part of whatever the final model looks like.

I actually mocked some stuff up during a old reddit post i made, ill drop a link the imgur album in case you haven’t seen it. https://imgur.com/a/KCGze

Edit: just going to throw this in, i feel like modeling in elbows and knees (not particularly visible ones just more in the way the hands and feet are meshed) onto the model could help with the process of animating these both with how the model stretches and twists but also with giving the arms and knees more of a realistic bend rather than a smooth curve.

4 Likes

…Considering this is for 4.0 and not 3.0 making it work with cosmetics is kind of…pointless?

1 Like

It’s on the assumption that already accepted community items would be brought over to 4.0, either by a simple conversion or keeping the UV template the same.

Again considering that one of the items on 4.0’s wishlist is for 3D clothing as opposed to textures like right now that assumption’s unlikely to be right.

also your concept honestly just looks weird imho like jeez those limbs are THINN

2 Likes

I did say I wasn’t happy about the size of the arms/legs.

Nelson

Have you ever thought about adding shoes and gloves??
With different type of shoes you can set running speeds and what not

Flopper shoes for swimming

I would like a slight change to Rev 4 with feet and adding shoes

I like #4. It’s a good mix between new and old and looks unturned-y enough to stay true to the currently existing artstyle.
Some revisions i’d make:
1: Smaller Head. (Looks dorky.)
2: Little bit longer arms.
3: Longer Torso
4: Taller? Not by much, just a bit more room.
5: Elbows.

1 Like

I do not see any difference between them.Execept the feminine mesh.

1 Like

Models 3 & 4 have tapered limbs, 2 has a larger thigh/leg gap along with minor thinning of the upper arm. Model 1 is an abomination perfect

1 Like

#StayUnited don’t go to Unreal Engine!

Why you dont add all and in unturned 4.0 and let the player choose.

Because what clothing may fit 3 or 4 may not fit 2 (def not 1)

1 Like