Human Character Revision Feedback

Why not just stay with the original player model? Everybody is already used to that one, so there’s no room for complaints.

I believe the community is already happy with how the player model looks in unturned 3.x if there’s going to be change, it has to be done right. Rev #2,#3,#4 look descent.

Keep in mind how clothes will look a little different and distorted if done wrong, especially them triangle boobies xd

3 Likes

I think the player model gets the job done, but it could definitely be improved, especially since the character models are a really important part for first impressions for the game. If it’s all cubey and stuff than it will most probably attract more kids, but if it’s a bit more polygonal (say like Ravenfield) it’s likely to attract older people.

1 Like

i really like the rev #3 has it has some sort of muscular appearance i see potential with good animating with this one rev #2’s hands look like flippers

what i think?the 3.0 caracter is beter i don’t want to have a skeleton as caracter.
for feminin caracter i don’t really like the 3.0 caracter is representing the both.
and about the unturned trello wishlist that are good ideas.

Except there are complaints. :thinking: There are veterans, new players, and notable persons who would rather have a less “fat” character model.

Not only is it helpful in solidifying a transition in the game’s graphical improvements, it also allows for nicer looking animations and (if added) meshed clothing. It feels more dynamic and lively, so-to-speak.

Revision 4 fem. & ambiguous/male are really nice, and revision 3 is alright. Revision 1 is basically just straight-up shrinking every limb as a test.

2 Likes

maybe REV 1 whill be a small teen zombie.(more zombie chapes because we only have 1 zombie shape and some movement type and some powers but no other zombie shape.)

1 Like

In my opinion, this is just absolutely mind-blowing.
Sadly, I don’t know any model names for references, but I would say that the head might need just a very slight decrease in size because this would force the hitbox to be as big as the one in CS:Source.
1 more thing that needs to be smaller is the body width. Again, nothing too crazy, just a slight decrease. Other than that is a masterpiece!
Love your work now, then, and still will

Realistically speaking, the models are spot on. But for balancing purposes, don’t you think that the female model will act as an advantage to the player because smaller body means smaller target.
Unless you’ll use the exact same size for the hitboxes on both models.

Reminds me of Tomb Raider’s PS1 player model

Female body looks more muscular tbh.

1 Like

I Want Rev 3 for the male. Then for the female we could have 4 as you said they look great.

1 Like

#4 is the best

I think these are all great but you should add in 4.0 the option to change or choose body types because some people might not like the new models so you should add the option to change the bodytype to the one they like or they think is best and that way people who like the old model can use it as an option for changing body types. Personally i like the 3.0 bodies and i dont want them to be removed they have a certain charm to them. In conclusion i love the old model and some people like it too and dont want to get removed so you should add the option of body types to those who would like to choose a body that they like.

More bodies = more hitboxes and clothing to design for every unique or individual body.

Is there a problem?

I agree. Let’s just stick to 2 player models for simplicity. Where there are no PvP advantages for each.

1 Like

Really Hyped, good luck on making it! PS. If you’re gonna use Unreal, Remove builtin post processing, because my pc is quite bad.

unturnt is sfw xd

I like Rev #4 the most. It is way better than the Unturned 3 player model, yet it still keeps its blocky style.