how does rust do it then

cause they have valve

and valve is pretty good when it comes to multiplayer games

notable names
gmod
dota
csgo

1 Like

I think Nelson should add larger servers over time. It would be interesting to say the least. I’ve seen the IndieDev studio Clapfoot experiment with +1,000 player servers with no lag or frame drops.

1 Like

They don’t. Not with good performance, at least.
Look, if we’re talking about Network performance, the servers and overall netcode can handle it. But all those players will have bases, with time, each player will start to make bigger bases and with more players around the map, those bases will be seen even more frequently. And then you have the underlying zerg problem (and you know what a base zerg looks like, so rip).
It can work, but the question is why it should work. The reasoning behind putting 300 players on one map is, by what i’ve seen so far, basically just: “It’ll be cool”

4 Likes

I’d like more underwater features and mechanics in general.

1 Like

Simple. They don’t.

They’re unstable.

Most unturned servers don’t have the capabilities of (for example) Pandahut.
Network stuff is much more complex than you think when you realize that many users experience lag and frame drops on even pandahut with 24 players on.

It won’t function… This suggestion is just borderline comedic, no offense.

2 Likes

then nelson can buy new servers? silly goose

Servers are not owned by Nelson, that’s the issue.
There’s no official server system, most of them will be community-made.

Not every 12 year old wants to go broke for your ignorant antics.
Okay?

I’m starting to get fed up with you.

1 Like

Will this topic ever end lol

3 Likes

It was over when it started.
We’re dragging a corpse for a topic over here.

3 Likes

ok well he can host his own servers. and nobodies going to go broke by hosting a server you silly billy

Alright, this is definitely a troll now

3 Likes

Go on then, you pay for Official Servers then. I’ll be out here taking the bait all day.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.