Is there anything you would really like to see in Unturned II?

Shh, we don’t speak of that here

1 Like

thanks for confirming your projection

1 Like

I literally could not agree with you more. It just pains me to remember the fact that Nelson prefers simplicity over anything complex…

IIRC higher player counts, larger maps, ballistics, wind, weather, darker nights, better AI for turned and wildlife, and fire have all been talked about by Nelson, but are mostly unimplemented.

Personally I prefer larger maps with low player counts, because it eases communication and gives everyone enough space to be comfortable, but I do think the potential to have higher player counts should exist.

External ballistics are cool. I’d like point out that terminal and internal ballistics should be kept fairly simple and predictable.

It seems unintuitive to me that people inside a base would be impacted by the wind, but maybe my time playing The Long Dark has distorted my viewpoint.

Being killed by random wildfires, or even worse: randomly killed by lightning would really suck, but if there were clear indications of what areas/seasons would be likely to have wildfires, obvious signs that the weather is going to take a turn for the worse, and no possibility of death by RNG lightning, then this could be pretty cool.

Instead of rainwater ruining your stamina (why should joining a server during a storm mean you can’t sprint or melee as hard?) I think drenched clothing should have debuffs compared to dry clothing, but some clothing should be more waterproof than others.

Don’t you think it was slightly unbalanced that a freshspawn was able to lure a horde of zombies to bust open any base on the map?

How about this? Placeable items just snap into set positions on vehicles, and incompatible items or items that would go into a filled position cannot be placed on the vehicle.

3 Likes

Hmmmm maybe we should add something like that in unturned II
Beverages or consumables will have a certain stat that will determine how intoxicated you will get
at 100% you’ll just OD and commit rapper

First of all I really think we need bigger maps, like much bigger.
Russia should be the small size.
4x of Russia should be the medium size.
And 4x of that should be the large size.

Small maps have 24 slots, medium 48, and large 72.

It’s not like they’ll always be full, and server owners can reduce the slots. Rn it’s just annoying when the server search bar in U3 doesn’t support more than 24 slots

1 Like

I don’t think a detailed alcohol mechanic would fly well in a game overwhelmingly played by 13 to 16 year olds. Especially in America, where Alcohol is a much bigger taboo. Not a good idea.

EDIT: Why was this flagged for spam?

I would not really know, I have yet to properly read up on Unturned 4.0’s roadmap and current state. Last time I paid attention there were weapon animations being showed off. But that’s good to hear, if true.

I think both are neccesary. Having less, but significantly bigger servers also avoids servers emptying or waiting in the queue forever, as more people would have their set up on the same server. Currently also player interactions are a bit sparse, especially once you kill someone, they won’t have the same type of gear for a long time. I think PVP would be helped a lot with bigger playercounts.

I’m not sure what you mean.

I didn’t mean to imply that it affected you inside the base, though that’s also a cool idea, like if it’s too narrow it’ll sway a bit inside, making aiming harder. But that wasn’t what I meant here, what I meant is that if you have a balcony or a platform at high heights without walls to cover you, you would be affectted by the wind, either by slight movement, or by swaying aim, making isolated, skybase sniping a lot harder to accomplish.

Yeah, for sure. I haven’t thought about this much, it was just kind of a quick point I made. It’d need a lot of thinking about, but I do think it would be an addition for the better.

That is what I meant. I think it would be a great way to implement, as quick supply runs from a base to a location would leave you relatively fast and mobile, while longer trips through terrible weather would start to slow you down and make you use more resources, encouraging you to take shelter, which would make PvP more interesting, since you have a rough idea where people are and will go, IMO.

Eh, kinda. I did prefer that over the zombies just giving up if you walk away too far, which isn’t usually very far.

I’d have absolutely no building on cars, only upgrading. I’m thinking you would find near empty wrekcs or chassis that you could upgrade, with windows, storage, etc being craftable or lootable (thinking the easy low tier ones are craftable, like weak glass, while the more expensive stuff like bulletproof glass is only lootable). Currently building on vehicles is absurd and makes you feel far too strong in them.

It’s one of the many things I loved about 2.0, driving in a car was very fast, but also made you feel very, very vulnarable. It was extremely risky, but with a good reward. In 3, cars are their own protection with more and more absurd contraptions with plates and the rest.

I don’t really see your logic?

Adding alcohol as a cool farming mechanic is a bad idea because this game is played by 13 year old Americans…

But having guns, shooting, and some degree of gore is ok for these 13 year olds?

1 Like

There is a certain amount of hypocracy and double standards there, absolutely, but as it stands, alcohol and sex are a great way to get your game age limited, and I don’t think many parents would want their kids to play a game where they can get realistically drunk. Especially if you can overdose on drugs. Not good optics.

Also, what would be the use for it? How would it improve the gameplay experience?

2 Likes

Dafuq??!!!

7 Likes

One of my posts also got flagged as spam. Pretty weird.

1 Like

People flag posts when they don’t like your opinion. It’s been happening to me a lot lately… I’ve even DM’d staff but no reply.

Anyway back to the topic. U3 as a base game already contains mechanics that involve gore, Blood, violence, getting drunk/high, and more. So realistically speaking that already imposes a restriction of 13+ or 15+. Then you consider what’s on the workshop… and that already should restrict it to 15+ or 16+, but the game is not restricted, and it shouldn’t be regardless of what mechanics they add in…

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.