Losing body parts

tenor

Actually, about anyone can be considered a kid, by their parents anyways.

Now shoo. I can have my definitions of a kid and so can you.

i think that only zombies could loose body body parts and not players.
Simple as that.

Thats baloney and you know it.
Iā€™ve heard on multiple accounts the reason many dark ideas get shot down is specificly because ā€œIts too dark for Unturnedā€

He tries to appeal to everybody, and Iā€™ll chop my left nut off if that statement is false.

People shoot it down because it doesnā€™t fit unturned style, not that itā€™s too dark for unturned. 4.0 is going to be a lot darker, and nobody complains about that.

Counter that, bro

Actually the soft and touchy people complain about 4.0 being dark on a daily basis. And to that I simply tell them to stay in their 3.0 funland.

Excuse me for sounding like the skeptic, but Iā€™m actually going to go against popular belief and say that Unturned II ISNā€™T going to have a darker theme because its supposed to appeal to all audiences.

Skimmed through recent replies a wee bit before taking off to do some stuff, and this reply isnā€™t meant to be towards anyone in specific.

Unturned II is meant to be a ā€œdarkerā€ game, as Nelson has said this himself. This applies to the gameā€™s overall atmosphere and feeling in comparison to Unturned 3.

Nelson has appealed to a lot of people during Unturned 3ā€™s development. Heā€™s stated multiple times that this is part of what led to some of Unturned 3ā€™s issues, and doesnā€™t plan to make the same mistakes in Unturned II. Unturned II is meant for the ā€œless-casual veteran community.ā€

It doesnā€™t make a good argument against suggestions, however. In this case, saying that the suggestion is just a bad game mechanic that Unturned II shouldnā€™t hinge on would make more sense.

Imho, this doesnā€™t add anything to the game despite it likely being a notable game mechanic if implemented.

5 Likes

Not even Nelson knows what the style and atmosphere of 4.X will be when it is finally completed. Like all artists, heā€™ll continue experimenting and improving and the game will evolve along the way based on what he decides he does or doesnā€™t want to include. An idea fitting or not fitting what you want or expect the style to be isnā€™t a valid reason for an idea to be included or invalidated.
^what Molt said

2 Likes

Personally Iā€™ll like to see 4.0/ll reach rather 13+ or 16+ maturity rating.

Again, my opinion is limbs of zombies can he chopped off, and players may lose them upon a deathblow (or there head sort of dissapears from a unhelmeted sniper shot)

1 Like

I sure hope it is ā€œdarkā€, I wonder how dark you can get while still keeping that target audience he has.
Maybe thereā€™ll be spooky ghosts and haunted houses like on halloween.

laughtrack

Or maybe itā€™ll literally just be darker, since Unturned 3.0 was so intolerably bright and colorful

On the topic of the losing body parts mechanic, I wouldnā€™t really care one way or anotherā€¦ it would kind of be more of a ā€œHey thats funnyā€ thing to accidently lop a turnedā€™s arm off.

Personally I hope for more signs of violence and resistance, the zombies disturbing and actually dangerous, and a overall feeling the apocalypse has happened.

Not just that your picking up after some messy people like some kind of trash service for the town your looting.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.