Makeshift and Improvised Weapons

except it isn’t a real weapon. But, cosmetic customization of firearms would be sick! Seeing someone in game with an M16 that looks like this would be cool.

1 Like

I think Muskets should be Easter Egg weapons, think MK 2 but it’s just the cursed pirate bit. If you’ve seen the Fallout 76 trailer from E3 you saw the black powder pistol. It’s high damage, almost one shorting the guy in full combat armor, but it has a long reload time and piss poor accuracy. It’s an interesting idea yet not very practical, like the Zwihander (idk how to spell it). Fun to get, but no reason to use it

1 Like

Well a sniper for somewhat accurate 125m combat could be nice for low spec players.

Reasonable? Bottom tier sniper, Albert Craftable, and with the modifications the guns will be able to have, maybe they can be improved… Somehow… Or at least act as primary melee weapon (as a long reaching spear, safe zombie killing :woman_zombie:, with a “Melee mode” toggle) with I dunno, a pocket assault rifle for other situations.

Or more comparable, the Craftable automatic sidearm.

1 Like

When I think of makeshift weapons I think of Rust and Metro. People don’t like Rust clones for some reason so I’ll talk about Metro. Metro (while having a much higher level of detail, I know) has a system for designing weapons where they model it to show parts that look like actual things. The pneumatic gun, for example, is made out of a bike. I’m Exodus there are weapon sights made of coins, and the bastard guns is a mess. They work as either sidegrades, as is the case with the Revolver and the Ashot, serving more or less the same purpose. Downgrades like the Kalash to the bastard. Or they fill a weird niche like the pneumatic or the bow thing as amazing stealth weapons. This is what Makeshift guns should be is just a valid option. Obviously actual guns like the Kalash or the RPK will be better all around but the makeshift guns can keep up.

1 Like

The 125 meters is already territory of the Schofield and the Hawkhound (or similar civ weapons in 4.0). I think it should be a high risk high reward weapon, risk bayonet charging someone and you’ll pretty much one shot them, if you miss your shot you’re out of luck.

(Technically they have 200m range, anyway I believe we won’t have the issue of bullets disappearing, just drop and damage falloff)

Meleing with all guns has already been planned, if not implemented.

If you put a rifled barrel on a musket, it could, theoretically, be one of the most accurate weapons available. Different lock mechanisms could be used to provide lower maintenance, faster prepping, or higher reliability.

Well 125 meters is still in 200 meters but that’s besides the point, why use a 1 shot inaccurate rifle with a long reload animation when I could use a fucking Mosin Nagant with that sweet succulent 5 round stripper clip

Rifled-Muskets can be incredibly accurate, if they have a good barrel and the right ammunition.
Or if using minie balls can still offer respectable accuracy and faster loading.

But even if they are snipers they’re still one shot rifles, it would they’re made to be accurate they’re still side-grades at best. One shot with relatively rare ammunition. While they could be used for parts they don’t have conventional internals, no mater how they’re made they can’t be worth using all the time.

Why? Well…

Maybe guns…

Will actually be rare.

(Or in actural disrepair, requiring major fixing before use)

regardless

Haveing a bottom civilian grade sniper whould really help out the civilian set of weaponry, if balanced a certain way, great pve melee weapon, if ammo is vary rare, well you can craft it.

Also the long reload? Well, not like you have to put in a brush, pour gunpowder, and load the shot and then press it down, THEN aim.

Later, (but still single shot ones) had prepackaged bullets, and with one little bundle you could shove in, and shoot.

So the reload (skilled) could take maybe three seconds.

Not to mention, if the players modify it (off the base model) it being inaccurate won’t be a problem.

3 seconds is still an incredibly long reload compared to other civilian rifles. The schofield for example can fire off all 5 rounds in about 6 seconds. In the time you’ve dumped all of it, you’ve sent 2 from the musket. My proposition would be a high damage mid range rifle with a specialty of doing maximum damage (I’m talking hollow point on sterroids) even if your target survives. You should not be able to survive a surprise attack with one between 0-50 meters assuming they land the first shot. After that it should start to go in random directions and drop off damage and do all that. It’s a bamboozle gun and that’s what it works best as.

Also, I would suggest crafting the speedloader things you mentioned rather than finding them.

Well specifically, it’s a ammunition type. There is no tool for the faster reload varient… Just slow…

It… Technically the only “speedloader” you can get is for the slow varient. The little brush and gunpowder carrier.

Personally depending how the Nel man wanted to balance this, we could do eather way.

True. I think the way I’m thinking about it, it should be slow, the way you’re thinking about it and Harvest is thinking about it, it should be the faster reload

I remembered how much this post has to see with gunsmithing, since I didn’t thought that anybody would take so far the theme about makeshift guns. But now that it’s pretty clear, I think that making these sort of guns should be totally up to Gunsmith skills, so we have more variety and complexity in that cathegory.

1 Like

I think it should work more or less like Rust’s workshop system but instead of the workbench you need the skill. I also think AI could do something interesting with makeshift weapons where they are completely blocked for you to make but they can sell/use them freely (like metro, where you can’t make your own (excluding the Exodus trailer but idk if that’s making or just modding) and your character can’t make them)

makeshift attachments and ammo re-loading would be neat as it was in cataclysm, I don’t think there actual need in more melee things because they all have same usage and rarity as common weapons

Don’t forget Luty

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.