MapJam Community Poll + MapJam Winners

Link to original post.
The 16 days have passed, the judges have play-tested the maps and have reached a verdict, and now it’s time for you to cast your vote.

• Apparently I forgot to mention this on the original post- but only the judges’ votes count towards getting the fancy weapon skins. The community vote is merely here to show your thoughts on a certain map, while also giving them a nice looking “community vote” banner that the map makers can decide to put onto their workshop page.

Now, I would like to apologize for how badly managed the contest was at times. I didn’t specify a lot of things and I took note of that for the next time. This is the first time that Unturned gets some sort of mapping contest so I didn’t know exactly what to do, but with mistakes come progress. The next MapJam will be changed accordingly. Thanks for sticking with us everyone!

Vote here.

Community votes will close in 2 days

CommunityVote

As for the judges’ picks…

FinalBronze

FinalSilver

FinalGold

Congratulations to the winners!

Edit: I won’t be revealing the judges for this contest, but maybe the next you’ll get to see the new judges :slight_smile:

And for anyone curious on the simple notes we took on each map, here you go.

Botana:
Really well made items and ideas, they didn’t do much but it what was there was really nicely done. The map however, in terms of design- is really bland and boring. The layout generally is servicable.

Freighter:
Visually pleasing map with gameplay being geared towards CQC (close quarters combat). The map with more than 12 people could really turn into a cluster of bullets which is due to the badly designed ship and overall layout.

Pirate Cove:

• Cool concept, mediocre execution. In two weeks, they did a servicable job.
  • Models aren’t in the typical Unturned Style, even without that style, they aren’t appealing enough to redeem themselves.
  • Lots of custom content to really fit into theme.

Land of the Unknown:
Incredibly weird layout, dependant on 6 or so different maps which gives the map a completely inconsistant colourscheme. Made by a newcomer to creating however. With that said however, it’s a very interesting and compelling concept with a nicely made lobby. The map is incredibly reminiscent of the early days of the Unturned workshop which really gave it a strong nostalgia factor.

Simulation: Really cool concept, NPCs in Arena…except that it’s broken and you can’t spawn into the map without cheats. If polished, with more custom content and locations could be a really nice concept coming to fruition.

30 Likes

very nice congrats to all the winners

4 Likes

Well done to everyone who entered in the competition.

3 Likes

So close!

3 Likes

Congratulations Botana! :smiley:
This was a great competition, hope to be in more in the future!

4 Likes

wow, there sure was a lot of competition for the prizes

9 Likes

now, who were the judges :eye:

4 Likes

That’s what I want to know. I want to the know the individual reviews.

4 Likes

Woah, it was pleasure participating :griefer_zombie_:

9 Likes

If only more people actually realized how easy mapping and modding for Unturned is.

3 Likes

I bet there would’ve been way more competitors but the thing was made on such a poor time… Most of the EU still have school/exams… We had to drop out since 2 of us still had school and that’s the reason we didn’t finish on time… I hope there will be a similar competition again soon… Great job with it either way.

2 Likes

There will for sure be another MapJam in the future. Apologies for the timing! Dropping out was a bad idea though. Submitting an incomplete entry is always better than not submitting one at all.

8 Likes

Yeah I had to battle exams at the same time as the competition, which led to a major lack of detail and patches.

1 Like

Greet because when started working on my I felt so much bornout , even what was done wasent to much as the frist idea on’t point of view ,
Congrats to everyone how participate in this contast :blush::blush::v::+1:

1 Like

One day I’ll get of my ass, but not this time

oh my goodness the pirate cove got in 3rd

:muscle:

11 Likes

If it makes you happy, I’m retconning Freighter lore to make it so everyone is a pirate. xoxo

1 Like

could we potentially get some workshop links to the winning maps? maybe even some of the runner ups?

1 Like

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1769290891

Collection of all the maps. ^

5 Likes