Medicine [Long Post]

Doesn’t that apply to… literally everything …though? :V

Or just cooler stuff? I guess we don’t really get “Admin Fishing Rod” mods for U3, since a lot of people don’t fish. :thinking:

Is there actually a modifier for how fast you catch a fish in the data for fishing rods?

No. Catch speed is determined by the bar that moves up/down as you're about to cast the line. If the bar is full, you'll hook a fish quite quickly. If the bar is pretty low, then not so quickly.

I can’t remember the actual numbers. 10 seconds for a perfect bar and 30 seconds for the worst possible cast.

Upgrading your Fishing skill makes the bar move slower, which lets you more easily max out the bar.

An admin fishing rod would basically just be able to use its own spawn table for fishing, similar to the Upgraded Fishing Rod, and give vastly better loot.

It wouldn’t even need a custom spawn table. Just make it give horde beacon loot or something. It could use any item spawn table, really.

Could also just never remove certain penalties even after death, such as how Swamp Fever works (worked?) in Ark, but that just seems like a nuisance at that point.

Definitely would need to just make death actually threatening, which is a point made in many threads (and by you, immediately after the bit I’ve quoted).

1 Like

Well that escalated quickly

On a more serious note tho, isn’t gangrene too much (unless we get epic style bionic replacement limbs)

They are people of culture I see

I seriously dont know why so many people want amputation in UII. I will find it very annoying AND Im not a fan of amputating MY OWN FUCKING LIMBS

Old topic but meh.

So as a serious Long Darker it’s nice to see some inspiration being taken from such a masterpiece of a game. Good on you! And so since i have some experience with these afflictions,

All of this is good.

Oh absolutely not. That is a mechanic specifically made for TLD and TLD only due to the way the game works.

Eeh, seems like something that would fit a game like TLD better. TLD is a slow-paced game all about dealing with huge, permanent, self-inflicted wounds and penalties, this just doesn’t fit Unturned, since Suicide instantly fixes everything whereas in TLD being a permadeath singleplayer experience you have to live with it, and same goes for everything below excepting:

I like it!

While fractures should be a bit worse than now, i think this is a bit too much.

Another idea is that splints instantly heal a fracture, but you can only have one splint on a limb at one time and they take 20-30 minutes irl to disappear, allowing you to apply another one. So, if you fracture your left leg, splint it, then fracture it again, you have to wait for the Splinted debuff to disappear to splint it again. Unrealistic, but feels balanced to me.

So yeah, good ideas but don’t fit Unturned too well.

I would also like a more advanced medical system. I’m a pretty large fan of Arma 3, and me and my friends of course have the advanced medical mod (Ace Medical). And it’s really nice having different types of injuries that can be treated in different ways. But I don’t think the medicinal system should be too advanced in UII as it will probably confuse new players. A more indepth system would be really nice but not too indepth. And I think that fractures shouldn’t force you to stop using a gun, but instead (similar to Ace Medical in A3) make using the gun much harder. More, constant, sway and higher recoil.
Another thing is that you shouldn’t have to wait too long between treating a injury and getting over it. It would really suck getting a fracture and having to sit in your house for 3 in day days. But being disabled for a while because of a broken leg or similar would be nice.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.