Medicine [Long Post]

Well I saw from a video by people named kurzekagt in a nutshells they site their sources I think so you should go see the video it’s called addiction, it’s really interesting

Esc -> Suicide

Problems solved :slight_smile:

Huh I don’t understand, sorry

That video discusses it substance abuse as a coping mechanism, rather than discuss addiction. The comment section points this out consistently, too, that the video isn’t that accurate.

You really shouldn’t take a single nutshell video you watched as your only understanding of a topic.

LeMaKoTi meant that committing suicide in-game would probably remove the effects of addiction, making it relatively pointless.

1 Like

Oh ok thanks for watching the video tho really appreciate you listening to what I have to say instead of just ignoring it, thanks

I agree with most of these ideas and it will definitely add a harder aspect to survival and PVP in place of just using dressings for whatever.

However, I don’t agree with the implementation of gangrene and amputation. I think it hinders the players playing experience and is just overall too much for a game like Unturned in my opinion. I love the idea of addiction though!

2 Likes

Nice necro, comrade.

1 Like

Great post, everything is great. But it all has to be configurable for people that do not like the idea.

Great Ideas but ppl will just Die and Respwan maybe if the game has a bigger punishment for ppl who kill them self (loose all skills ?) plus if u dont have a bed most unturned maps are small so u can just find you’re way back if 4.0 has the same sized maps ofc.

Prosthetics would be unrealistic for Unturned. Most players would store there loot and game end themselves. I would be better if a magical treatment existed or the player died. Limb amputation isn’t a good feture in first person games.

y u necropost

Cause it was linked to me, btw read my post.

I think you meant to say “their” and “It”

If there was a really well made skill system that rewarded time spent alive heavily, it would definitely be worth surviving in order to keep your skills

I think you are right.

The problem with any advanced medical system’s addition to Unturned is that the negative effects can easily be negated by committing suicide, albeit at the cost of skills.
Solution (my solution): make skills more important and/or remove crafting recipes which the player has learned upon their death (not implying it’s a confirmed feature), of course they could learn them again later but that takes time.
Annoying, sure. But it deters more seasoned players from picking the easy way.

If you’re going to allow players to be able to lose certain limbs: there should probably be a way to get them back beyond suicide.
The simple solution is just prosthetics, this would undoubtedly have downsides. Knowing Unturned’s PvP: people are going to be full of prosthetics if they’ve survived a longer amount of time.
However if you would like the affect on the player to be able to be entirely negated: this would probably involve taking even further a step into the Sci-fi direction with the Scorpion-7 stuff, this being robotic limbs or grown limbs (one of which might give an advantage so probably not that).

The idea and underlying principles of this suggestion do resemble similarities to another reply I had made to a similar thread on the matter, so I’ll just throw this here.

Yeah but i could see the community getting sick of this very quickly. The only games that have limb amputation in them are games where you don’t actually have to play as the character or you switch characters. This won’t fit unturned sandbox survival style. Idk bout u but I wouldn’t play a server with limb amputation and skill punishments, and I don’t think you would either. Also in the long term killing yourself would be worth it and I would do it even with skill degrade, that is if I and anyone would bother playing on a server like that anyway. ( which so many people won’t)

Btw this post has soo many replies wish my post that doesn’t include limb amputation could get some replies.

1. Dont beg for replies.

2. One of the reasons skill degrade is in 3.0 is so that it discourages commitibg suicide to get all your food and water back. If you dont like it, then dont play on the official servers (assuming that the skill system is going to be the exact same from 3.0). Rn your basically saying “i dont like it so we should get rid of it” when few people agree with you.

Also, the skill system is almost :100:% going to be different, so it is hard to judge how it will work.

2 Likes

Rather than just saying “Cool idea”, “Neat stuff” etc. I’ll say, if this will be implemented, then we’re gonna get tons of mods like “Admin Medkit 100%legit no scam” that will heal all illnesses… (/ ._.)/