Modular Vehicles

IMO having more to scavenge, and more upgrade possibilities make the game feel more like a survival game. When I said mounted machine guns I wasn’t thinking of like the “HMG” of 3.X (that thing is more like an auto cannon) I was thinking about things like attaching a GPMG.

I think only certain vehicles should be able to have a gun attached. Also, the higher the tier of vehicle, the more it can be modified (and can generally receive better modifications as well).

This would make it so not everyone and their grandmother has their purple offroader stupidly tricked out with spikes and shit like that. However, if you got lucky and got a high tier military vehicle, you kinda could go for that “Crossout” kind of style.

4 Likes

Something like this possibly?

2 Likes

I think in the back of trucks maybe an option to mount a gun or something, but I don’t think a sedan with HMG’s mounted on the side, James Bond style definitely DOES NOT belong in the game.

3 Likes

Yeah, I was originally thinking of just military vehicles, and maybe certain trucks (a technical maybe) would have a mounting point for machine guns, (and possibly weird things like auto cannons, flamethrowers, spotlights, and water cannons.)

2 Likes

flamethrowers

No

1 Like

Why not?
Flamethrowers have their limitations, so they wouldn’t necessarily be over powered.

2 Likes

For 4.0 I think that a lot of military vehicles will have a mounting point (like destroyed apc in greece) but yeah machineguns on civilians vehicles? nope. But a war train with machineguns mounted on the flat bed? i’d love to see that. A flamethrower isn’t this OP because it need a ton of fuel and it dont have a long range (and i dont think that the vehicle will have a big tank for storing all the fuel. Short answer : big explosion).

1 Like

I mean sure, maybe making a makeshift blowtorch + aerosol can or whatever flamethrower could be good, as long as it has a short range. Let’s just hope they CAN’T burn wooden structures, because base raiding definitely needs a balance.

1 Like

Not only are flamethrowers on the 4.x Wishlist Trello, but they wouldn’t be a bad idea to have. Flamethrowers can be balanced easily, and here’s how:

• They’d be great for torching zombies, but would have 20 m range tops, so PvP combat is out of the question unless at close quarters

• The fuel required would be a hassle to acquire.

• Direct damage would be swift as expected, but afterburn would be a lot slower and allow time for the player to stop, drop, and roll. Additionally water can put it out, and the flamethrower would be absolutely useless in a wet environment

• If they are made craftable, they will probably be quite expensive on top of the components of the flamethrower being hard to maintain and repair. Also, no traditional attachments will be accepted.

1 Like

I’d say that they should be balanced too to make it so the flame doesn’t last along enough (in the air), to make it not so much of a wm1 weapon (if you played TF2 you’d know what this is like). But the ideas you put do make it seem like something that could be balanced. I also think that they could be a great car killing weapon, because as we all know, petrol and fire does NOT end well.

1 Like

Well, the vehicle would blow up fairly quickly, so you’d better be careful with that

1 Like

i post a thing equal of this more any stand my english and all commentarys discord…
well harvest maybe a style of inventory inside of vehicle is more easily to remove and place things i just dont like this part

“Some of the parts might require a car lift” to remove

What I’m getting from this post is that you’re trying to suggest removing and add things to the car, and some parts need a car lift to access?

Pretty much, although the implication was that some of the 'things would be better than others, for example a door with armored windows could replace one with glass, instead of freeform building a wall over the windows.

1 Like

I do agree that freeform building on cars should be removed for many reasons, though I don’t agree too much with upgrades. If you add armoured windows, then they should be limited to military vehicles. In 4.0 it seems Nelson is taking a more realistic approach, so it would be in the best interests for the game to keep certain upgrades/features for cars that you’d normally see it with.

1 Like

Makeshift armoring of windows and weak spots is fine, maybe even a Crossout/Mad Max style kind of thing, but it would probably have its own downsides such as being less effective armor-wise or blocking field of view.

1 Like

I’d agree with that. I don’t think entire doors should be able to be replaced because you’re a survivor, not a mechanic.

1 Like

The problem with freeform buildables as armor, is that they allow a player to attach a whole base to a car. I had imagined makeshift armored windows, that would take the form of metal blinds, which wouldn’t significantly improve the vehicle’s health, mostly just reduce the size of the opening in the windows.

Uninstalling car doors is rather easy if you have the right tools. The player can become a mechanic, not sure if he’s certified though.

1 Like

yea with maybe you have to lay down and do the lean with e and q like “crouch key e q e q” to put it out?

1 Like