Modular Vehicles

I think that maybe instead of having freeform building on all vehicles, they should be made up of modular parts, like perhaps, doors, engines, batteries, windshields, and tires. Maybe overhead storage, turrets, or towed trailers could be added to certain vehicles. I think only vehicles with flat beds should serve as platforms for freeform building, while other vehicles might have additional trunk space, be more common, or more fuel efficient.
Maybe parts of vehicles could be salvaged from 4.x’s equivalent to the broken down vehicle models.
Some of the parts might require a car lift, or atleast a car jack to replace.

8 Likes

Not sure how modular I’d want the system to actually be, but I’m not too big on freeform building on vehicles to begin with and wouldn’t mind most alternatives.

5 Likes

Yeah, I’m not sure how many of those parts would actually be necessary. I was just rattling off parts that might affect the vehicle’s performance, or that players might want to armor.
Edit: I also mentioned trailers, turrets, and storage just because they’re cool.

+1, imagine mounting gatling-like machinegun in front of the car seat and that machine gun would require some kind of power source. That power supply and the machinegun would actually slow down the vehicle a bit or completely immobilize it ( bicycles, for example ). Or imagine reinforcing the bumper of some vehicle. First You would have to take off the bumper and reinforce it with something or just completely replace it with a better one.

imagine mounting gatling-like machinegun in front of the car seat

I’m going to stop you right there

That is completely unnecessary for a survival game. End of story.

4 Likes

I would definitely like to be able to customize vehicles as much as I could with guns.

Things such as a front floodlight bar, a high-strength front bumper/brace, a rollcage, a tow cable, etc, as well as actually modifying the parts of the car itself like armoring car doors, attaching a snorkel to the engine, or going full turbo.

3 Likes

Crossout anyone?

No?

Oh.

1 Like

Dunno what You meant n3rf, I think it would be a fun feature.

Also OP, did You mean something like this?

1 Like

I think the suggestion is kind of iffy. It shouldn’t be too PvP orientated, so no guns attached to a car. I don’t think engine swaps would fit into a survival game too. Trailers though are a must, and should be in the game already.

2 Likes

Just because something is fun doesn’t mean it should be added. Adding things “because they are fun” is the exact reason why 3.x became super PvP oriented and away from the intended survival part of the game.

2 Likes

IMO having more to scavenge, and more upgrade possibilities make the game feel more like a survival game. When I said mounted machine guns I wasn’t thinking of like the “HMG” of 3.X (that thing is more like an auto cannon) I was thinking about things like attaching a GPMG.

I think only certain vehicles should be able to have a gun attached. Also, the higher the tier of vehicle, the more it can be modified (and can generally receive better modifications as well).

This would make it so not everyone and their grandmother has their purple offroader stupidly tricked out with spikes and shit like that. However, if you got lucky and got a high tier military vehicle, you kinda could go for that “Crossout” kind of style.

4 Likes

Something like this possibly?

2 Likes

I think in the back of trucks maybe an option to mount a gun or something, but I don’t think a sedan with HMG’s mounted on the side, James Bond style definitely DOES NOT belong in the game.

3 Likes

Yeah, I was originally thinking of just military vehicles, and maybe certain trucks (a technical maybe) would have a mounting point for machine guns, (and possibly weird things like auto cannons, flamethrowers, spotlights, and water cannons.)

2 Likes

flamethrowers

No

1 Like

Why not?
Flamethrowers have their limitations, so they wouldn’t necessarily be over powered.

2 Likes

For 4.0 I think that a lot of military vehicles will have a mounting point (like destroyed apc in greece) but yeah machineguns on civilians vehicles? nope. But a war train with machineguns mounted on the flat bed? i’d love to see that. A flamethrower isn’t this OP because it need a ton of fuel and it dont have a long range (and i dont think that the vehicle will have a big tank for storing all the fuel. Short answer : big explosion).

1 Like

I mean sure, maybe making a makeshift blowtorch + aerosol can or whatever flamethrower could be good, as long as it has a short range. Let’s just hope they CAN’T burn wooden structures, because base raiding definitely needs a balance.

1 Like

Not only are flamethrowers on the 4.x Wishlist Trello, but they wouldn’t be a bad idea to have. Flamethrowers can be balanced easily, and here’s how:

• They’d be great for torching zombies, but would have 20 m range tops, so PvP combat is out of the question unless at close quarters

• The fuel required would be a hassle to acquire.

• Direct damage would be swift as expected, but afterburn would be a lot slower and allow time for the player to stop, drop, and roll. Additionally water can put it out, and the flamethrower would be absolutely useless in a wet environment

• If they are made craftable, they will probably be quite expensive on top of the components of the flamethrower being hard to maintain and repair. Also, no traditional attachments will be accepted.

1 Like