Modular Vehicles

I’d say that they should be balanced too to make it so the flame doesn’t last along enough (in the air), to make it not so much of a wm1 weapon (if you played TF2 you’d know what this is like). But the ideas you put do make it seem like something that could be balanced. I also think that they could be a great car killing weapon, because as we all know, petrol and fire does NOT end well.

1 Like

Well, the vehicle would blow up fairly quickly, so you’d better be careful with that

1 Like

i post a thing equal of this more any stand my english and all commentarys discord…
well harvest maybe a style of inventory inside of vehicle is more easily to remove and place things i just dont like this part

“Some of the parts might require a car lift” to remove

What I’m getting from this post is that you’re trying to suggest removing and add things to the car, and some parts need a car lift to access?

Pretty much, although the implication was that some of the 'things would be better than others, for example a door with armored windows could replace one with glass, instead of freeform building a wall over the windows.

1 Like

I do agree that freeform building on cars should be removed for many reasons, though I don’t agree too much with upgrades. If you add armoured windows, then they should be limited to military vehicles. In 4.0 it seems Nelson is taking a more realistic approach, so it would be in the best interests for the game to keep certain upgrades/features for cars that you’d normally see it with.

1 Like

Makeshift armoring of windows and weak spots is fine, maybe even a Crossout/Mad Max style kind of thing, but it would probably have its own downsides such as being less effective armor-wise or blocking field of view.

1 Like

I’d agree with that. I don’t think entire doors should be able to be replaced because you’re a survivor, not a mechanic.

1 Like

The problem with freeform buildables as armor, is that they allow a player to attach a whole base to a car. I had imagined makeshift armored windows, that would take the form of metal blinds, which wouldn’t significantly improve the vehicle’s health, mostly just reduce the size of the opening in the windows.

Uninstalling car doors is rather easy if you have the right tools. The player can become a mechanic, not sure if he’s certified though.

1 Like

yea with maybe you have to lay down and do the lean with e and q like “crouch key e q e q” to put it out?

1 Like

Direct damage would be swift as expected, but afterburn would be a lot slower and allow time for the player to stop, drop, and roll. Additionally water can put it out, and the flamethrower would be absolutely useless in a wet environment

It’s almost as if a bunch of people don’t bother reading before suggesting.

2 Likes

It does sound great! If you mean it as a addition, not a replacement. Also just so people don’t make guns on sides of doors (like NeedlessMeming said) every car could be split into zones like a zone where you can put guns on, or a zone for spikes/bumpers. Maybe make it so pickups can have a gun at the back, but a Uaz can be more of a tank car maybe, what i mean by that, is there are infinite possibilities and i definitely support this idea.

1 Like

who is this directed toward? i cant tell

Not just you. Whole lotta people I could attribute that to.

1 Like

no i mean it shouldnt be directed towards me

Look, I’m going to be completely honest here when I say this. A lot of users here are lucky Reaver’s looming over my shoulder all day on here. I’ve been trying a lot harder to not be divisive or be the Modject elitist that I am, but there’s been an influx of low-quality here that just makes me livid. You’re not the only one to blame, but it’s annoying to see newer people rush into topics without taking a close look at what’s being said, and suggesting things that’ve been posted just a few replies up. I should probably go a bit lighter on you and other new posters, but what you said in the post I originally replied to was already in J’s post detailing how to nerf a flamethrower, and as well as the official 4.0 Trello wishlist. I know you’re really new here, but low-quality posts that just describe features that were taken note of, written down by Nelson himself, and planned for 4.0 back in the middle of last year have been increasing at an all-time high rate. I’m working on a solution to this, but it’s important that new players especially take note of what’s being said in the current thread, in other previous ones, and especially the official Trello and Github so that the same concept in a dozen different wordings aren’t being thrown around every tenth reply in a post.

1 Like

Obviously he was reading the replies, since flamethrowers weren’t even mentioned in my original post. Big Hero J was the only post that mentioned flamethrowers, you quoted him at damercer, then went into a huge rant about how people need to read the replies before theirs.
Nelson’s post on Trello says nothing about him having already planned how flamethrowers will be balanced, and not wanting or needing feedback. It starts with “flame” and ends with “throwers”

He was making a general statement about how, simply put, tons of people make feedback or posts on things that have either been confirmed/discussed thoroughly already, or do things based on misinformation because they failed to acknowledge information from another obvious source.

I have to agree with him - while this is a very minor example, this stuff happens far too often at the sole cause of unintentional ignorance.

Also it’s Great Hero J. Idk why people call me big, lmao

1 Like

This. Both your detailed post and the Trello list out rolling around to put out the flames as a mechanic to be implemented if Flamethrowers are indeed added.

1 Like

so you want a game that when you play for hours you get bored?
also…

T H E Z O M B I E S A R E N O T B U L L E T P R O O F

so why not kill an horde of zombies with an machine gun?