More tanks

Leopard 3’s don’t exist reeeee

1 Like

Germany can into superpower
Also, you are late

Why would this “militia” have access to tanks? I think they should have maybe lighter armoured vehicles, like civilian vehicles that are repurposed, for example

• technical trucks with mounted guns and increased armour, based on civilian pickup trucks
  • armoured carriers with lots of carrying space and bench seats in the back, maybe something like a Toyota Land Cruiser Troop Carrier
  • small Jeep Wrangler looking things with mounted guns in the back

I think of “militias” as groups of civilians that band together, with only access to limited civilian stuff that they upgraded. They wouldn’t be able to have access to tanks, and even if they did, why would they have older tanks than the military? The only way they’d be able to get tanks is stealing from the military.

I think there should be several types of tank, like ex-Soviet stuff for a map set in Eastern Europe, Abrams tanks and stuff like that for America and Canada, etc.

Would be relatively believable if you had to get a few parts for npcs that knew how to repair one.

Still isn’t very believable but hey

well when you put it that way, alright I surrender.

And why do they have full auto aks and rpgs in 3? You’re really gonna draw the line with old tanks and armored vehicles?

1 Like

Is Unturned a Post-Apocalyptic Survival game or is it a Warfare Simulation game?

1 Like

Not really about poor quality of the stuff, just it makes no sense why they’d have old tanks from ww2 instead of regular tanks. That would be highly impractical. Why would they have very old, unreliable, hard to maintain tanks instead of better ones, if they can get their hands on full auto AKs and RPGs why would they have an old tank from ww2 and not a (relatively) new one?

I suppose it would make sense in some countries in Europe with ex-Soviet stuff lying around, army surplus things etc, but not in Canada or the US where the game will probably be set in its early stages.

Its pointless as they get nerfed/balanced into mediocrity…

The ammo will be rare for balance so youll never use the gun anyway.

People on foot will complain that their server has a group that drives a tank everywhere so nelson will make it so you can shoot them.

Peopke will complain that players in tanks can just drive through the turned so then we end up with a game where zombies can rek tanks with their fists…

And thus we arrive and mediocrity… A tank that you can rarely shoit and is easily destroyed the second you leave base with it.

In a game where the main point is human vs zombie or human vs human adding tanks destroys the meta, lets just have a survival game guys.

1 Like

https://worldoftanks.com/join/2470_EN1?utm_campaign=wot_ww_all_google_search_brand_ongoing_acq_kw__en_world_of_tanks_exact&utm_medium=14008&lpsn=WoT+Video1+RegDark+nstandart+SOI&url=https%3A%2F%2Fworldoftanks.com%2F&sid=SIDYWRo2_Pdwyp1DP_Vd_Pt-213wcKwd8tL4BCs0kNZuwkBmPxa0EVjpQTkcmc2XXuRMhKhr3qW9zWndjrxQ5yAY3W_Pm6v7g3RIEQ-nVDzSO00br_WSdtIe9lYkxeu6KSr52jh1hn8vaty_940TM0nPTCb08ssaxhHx2eitPw4qsZ2Z42i0GxxoCxDKZW69eYapiGVGmWE2v60ZvZnoN92Oo6xdBorkklA9Ebts5Ve55BHybajXlg_EvpfYhPxg1LzBMhpqpFFGfUrYWr4CyqKT3ZfpV1SroVX1kOxtjvQWNSo-1GE7XJsqKhD6PCb7i6TusQw5WRVmxBUOFfMv59pBJmdgNrClguBOrkib-P4nvj3b5laFNkXH87zjFUc25lAg8Mw2FIH0BqTy1UoMHP1x_Zgtt4hM2u2O1C9CyQjuVBYky7TpMC_yuXq51JxOfHXsKmuvMarRBDQMv6kw6rclCfgenRkEDu7vfNhL2cruT7W7rKToPK2WlBq7D2tOWZg9c-MVDU9w7GOtx6ntgtabeMt3I7oL-FTOWKVdwPV8n48o3mis-zmjBugRKKqMbEF8Ea4I87d&utm_source=wotcpu

2 Likes

WOT

:face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Mother of all trackers, yikes

1 Like

I’m not deadset against there being any more than exactly one modernish MBT in the game, but still think that suggestions like:

and

Are just variety for no reason other than variety, and potentially introduce balancing issues. I also think that (as I’ve stated before) priority should be placed on introducing armored vehicles that fill a different niche then would be filled by main battle tanks (and although I argued above that old tanks shouldn’t be ruled out from inclusion, simply for being old, I’d also argue that WWII classification heavy tanks are similar enough to modern main battle tanks that their inclusion should only be a slightly higher priority than adding secondary modern MBTs would be.)

I don’t know about repairing, but there’s some pretty obvious ways to balance the heavy parts and equipment that would be needed to replace such things.

Maybe we shouldn’t assume that Unturned II will exclusively have balancing factors that balance things in a shitty way?

Craftable ammunition (which has been talked about by Nelson regarding 4.X) allows ammunition to be balanced in ways other than simply making it more or less common in RNG loot tables; even if tank shells can’t be crafted, players would still be given a choice between using them as tank ammunition or salvaging them to get large amounts of components for small arms ammunition, probably making them comparable to ammunition crates. Additionally, Nelson has already started some work on changing up the item spawn system (though the current 4.X item spawning mechanics are very much placeholder, and nothing else is set in stone at the moment.)

The tank could require a different fuel than common cars or be a very inefficient use of fuel or it could require maintenance with extensive use.

You always can shoot it. What you are shooting with and where you are hitting should be important considerations when deciding what does the projectile/explosion do to the tank, (it doesn’t just have to do damage to a singular overall health bar of the vehicle,) and what does the tank do to the projectile/explosion, (does it get stopped or ricocheted or can it go through that part and damage other parts/passengers? If it can pass through does it continue on as normal, or does only a weaker version of it pass through?)

Instead of allowing basic variations of The Turned to punch through tank hulls why not allow them to stop the tracks/wheels/suspension or hatches/ports or why not introduce specific turned variants that pose a threat to vehicles, (and tanks in particular.)

2 Likes

Is this topic still going on?
I think there should be heavy, med and light tanks, and different countries variants and specials.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.