Moving maps to workshop

I get that space is required but I don’t think this is a good idea. A lot of people’s maps use assets from Hawaii, Greece, and Germany and I think moving them to workshop could cause plenty of errors.

If nothing else, just keep the custom content in (vehicles, guns, and other items), but honestly, I don’t think it’s a good idea to remove them to the workshop.

There’s valid reasons to think it’s a bad idea, but people could just download the assets from the Workshop.

This is the worst way to handle it, considering that custom content would be completely irrelevant to anyone who wasn’t playing on a custom map to begin with. This content isn’t in vanilla, so it’s makes just as much sense as people asking for curated object packs.

Just make the original map a required item to install the map.
The steam workshop provides a “required items” feature for this exact reason.

6 Likes

Yes, but this can end up with said assets vanishing from the map if you’re not careful. Especially if you’re editing while offline.

Not only that, but some map makers like to bundle all their custom content as its quite often that people either don’t or won’t subscribe to the required items list.

What do you mean most people won’t subscribe to the required items list? if you put something on that list steam literally FORCES you to install it, and if they someone find a way around that, then that’s their problem.

That is why nelson is giving people time to updates their maps/mods.

1 Like

Steam doesn’t force you to install it, it asks you to. People manage to ignore the prompt pretty frequently.

All for removing the community maps similarly to how the timed maps were. However, Germany ought to stay. It’s a solid official map from what I’ve seen.

1 Like

I’m surprised Germany was listed too, but perhaps Nelson was looking at the player counts from before he removed the game stat tracking stuff and saw Germany has a really low player count or something.

1 Like

Well in that case, let’s hope France is much better.

1 Like