Night vision

If implemented correctly, thermal vision can definitely be balanced. Here’s what I think:

• Thermal vision detects players, animals, zombies(?), and car engines(?)
  • Thermal vision, like in real life, cannot effectively detect heat sources through walls.
  • Thermal vision has limited range (I’m thinking heat sources slowly get dimmer and less focused with range, then sharply drop off.)
2 Likes

a torch to carry in your hands

well other players will be able to see the light too.the pont behind night vision is to see the enemy without being detected.

I was just talking about a light source you could carry at night in the early game. I thought I would bring it up in this thread since its about seeing in the dark. And yes if you bring out a torch at night/flashlight it will be a beacon to your location. It would be cool tho to be climbing the mountains at night or exploring a cave with a torch over head.

This item (torch on the head) already exists in unturned 3.X and the climbing/cave discovery idea seems great! and for the start of the game I think that the actual model(of spawning with no stuff) is good and that players will find torches super early in the game .

IR based nightvision is anything but (easily) accessible to civvies lol

That is a image taken by a non-handheld military-grade IR sensor (in WT, I know, but still), you should not get anywhere near that resolution or responsiveness in a civilian-grade handheld/portable device.

If the civvie nightvision is really going to be IR based it should be fairly chunky, require some sort of battery, have a sub-par resolution and noticeable delay (or any combination of the four) so it would not be flat out overpowered.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.