Option to Add Pronouns to the Bio Section

I think an excellent addition to the forums would be the inclusion of an optional pronoun field to the bio. This would be optional to avoid certain people having conniptions and slamming their head into a table. I know multiple members of the Transgender/Nonbinary community and the LGBTQ community as a whole who would feel much more welcome in the community if this was given as an option. This would also avoid misgendering, which is quite common in the community from posts I’ve recently seen. I feel that this option would help to make this community a much more welcoming space.

11 Likes

its really not that hard to put he/him in your bio

4 Likes

Im not a he

1 Like

i never said you were its an example

5 Likes

The main problem with putting it in the description is that nobody reads it. It would ideally appear next to your name

1 Like

This optional bio slot, if people can type in it, which Is what I assume you want how would trolling be handled?

3 Likes

yeah nobody is gonna read that either

its like regular status, who fucking cares

5 Likes

Me. And trans people.

2 Likes

Basic decency

1 Like

I doubt there is anyone on this forum who is trans

3 Likes

You would be incorrect.

6 Likes

regardless of the outcome of this poll my argument is strengthened. If there are trans people on the forum, you’re incorrect. If there aren’t it proves that this is not a welcoming community for them.

1 Like

the time y’all are spending fighting over having pronouns or not could be spent playing F-Zero GX, y’know.

now go do that

2 Likes

your main argument against adding a pronouns section was that there werent enough trans users
edit: please get a new joke that one got old maybe 6 years ago

1 Like

why are you guys still fighting over this I told y’all to play F-Zero GX

2 Likes

it is nowhere near pointless. As indicated by your professionally monitored poll, half the forum users are transgender

edit: also you dont even need to be transgender to have pronouns you use them all the time

2 Likes

Im going to sum up this before it gets nasty

The original topic was “Add Pronouns to the Bio Section”
Which you can do by putting it in your bio… I highly doubt it will make you feel more welcome if Transgender is next to your name, if anything the community “trolls” Will just target you. Even though you might not like my conclusion, its simply not needed

Like Flodo said, go play F-Zero GX

6 Likes

A pronoun is she/her, he/his etc. Putting “transgender” next to your name was not my suggestion.

1 Like

“I’m not aggressive towards trans people, I just learned how to bypass the forum’s monitoring system specifically to say a slur directed at transgender people. Do your homework!”

2 Likes

based take yes

play F-Zero GX great game

1 Like