Proposition to "solve" KOS

I know this is your first post and all but you seem to have missed the basic point of this thread. The general consensus is that PvP (up to and including KoS) is fine but need to be balanced somehow.

2 Likes

why would anyone ever want to discourage kos

2 Likes

We need to make people undersatnd that they’re actions have consequences, we’re basically trying to prevent people from being forced to KOS(and even if they do they should not be heavily affected by it), so that KOS becomes a roleplaying style as opposed to a thing you have to keep doing.

1 Like

Strongly agree

Strongly disagree

2 Likes

boy this is the apocalypse, its kos or get kosed

3 Likes

Yes but even in places gone to hell people remember things and know things about you and you’re actions. Especially since there are NPCs

no witnesses

people will still know things about you people know when you bring the items of a man they serviced the past week or they will even, next if you are a killer people can make it out through your movemnets and mannerisms, next i hope that the big karma drops or gains will be from doing NPC quests, eg: a quest to kill a bunch of settlers should reduce your karma a lot more than killing a player.

I dont see why KOSing is so bad
People would be doing it in real life if a zombie apocalypse hapened

It is expected to some extent, but it needs to be balanced somehow. because if it is not we will go right back to the KoS-fest that is 3.X-

X
Your statement requires corroboration

Fallout76’s mechanic for this was actually better then what you suggested. Even more then that, we can easily reimagine it for Unturned:

Whenever you get killed without firing first, you have the option to put a bounty on the killer using experience (or, alternatively, whatever currency the NPCs use). The wanted player’s location will then be publicly visible on the map until he gets killed or ten minutes pass. (seems like a rational amount of time for a large map, can be tweaked)

The reward for the bounty is not only the killer’s loot, but the amount of xp/currency put on him. We can develop this even further by allowing the person killed to set a larger bounty, extending the time until it wears off and further incentivizing bounty hunters.

P.S.: To prevent abuse of the system we make it so kills from Steam friends, group members, and players joined within the bounty timer are not eligible for the bounty.

2 Likes

Like I said before,
You can’t solve Kos.
The more you prevent it, the worser the game is gonna be since Kos is a core mechanic of fighting and pvp

3 Likes

I can see that work.

Missing the point. People should still be able to KoS but it should not always be the best thing to do.

I think it’d be a simple solution if the “turned” were just hard enough to kill. This would make you not want to shoot your gun just to kill a random naked in a city with lots of turned around because then you’d end up using a lot more ammo. Just a quick thought.

The Craftable Ammunition thread is a good method to reduce nonsense player kills.

The problem with making turned harder to kill is that your also punishing new player’s when they want to kill them with there bare fists

You could also just snipe, which keeps a problem since the sniper will kill and then move onto another spot

Is it just me or has this post literally divided the community like the post about if player’s should spawn with clothes?

I don’t necessarily think it has divided the community, but as Molt summarized, it has shown that we all naturally have varying stances on KOS and what could be done regarding it. This is largely due to the variety of playstyles that most community members have preferences over.

7 Likes

catch me in 4.0 murdering all of you sorry ahah im an aquarious so i have to no hard feelings babies uwu

1 Like

Well if you put it that way I believe you.