Proposition to "solve" KOS

Smh such an aquarious

I mean they wouldn’t have to be too dangerous by themselves but when they start swarming a player that’s shooting other players they could be quite deadly.

That you can’t “fix” anyway if you don’t ruin the game with punishments for people who shoot others. That’s the best I could think of off the top of my head.

Also getting a good angle from far away can be very difficult and shooting moving targets in a city can be too. If you’ve got yourself a sniper, enough ammo to waste (which I assume won’t be nearly as common as in 3) and the patience to wait for the perfect shot at someone, I’d say that’s fair and you shouldn’t be punished in any way.

PS: Also thought of the karma system affecting so you would get shot at safezones but I think that might be too harsh.

Your sentence requires it for me to understand it

That’s a “you” problem, assuming you meant to say that you don’t understand my sentence.
Well, allow me to rephrase. Can you prove your claim(s)?

ur mom thats how haha but no srsly kos is essential and should be ENCOURAGED you fools u FOOLS

2 Likes

Thank you.
In war for example when they could not recognise the plane they would shoot down it.

And also if there ever was a zombie apcalypse you wouldnt want to trust anyone because we humans are not very trustworthy.
And by killing anyone you see , it eliminates any possible threat to your life.
And you could possibly get some much nedeed resources for yourself. Like medicine or food or weapons.

And if you are good enough at persuading people you can get out of possible combat.

And also it could be solved by simply giving the players a biger threat than other players.

3 Likes

@Suicide_society This. You can’t override human nature, KOS is pretty much natural in multiplayer survival games with a few exceptions of friendly players.

Skyrim

My main concern with KOS is in regards to the RP servers. We all know that KOSing there is a different issue, and while I do support the idea that the game by default should allow it, there should be some mechanics that make dealing with them easier.
For example: a bounty system that pings very low rep players on the map every so often, which could be used by the Police to track them down and arrest them; A toggle for admins that excludes low rep players from safezone invulnerability; Increased exp for taking those players down, maybe an even bigger exp boost for actually arresting them.

These are just some suggestions that I believe would not prevent people from KOSing, but would allow others to respond to it in an RP friendly manner.

Lolno, what are RoE, what is the Geneva convention

Which is one of the core reasons it needs to be balanced.

Non-issue: The post.
You can already prevent KoS on RP servers. RP is not and should nottbe the focus of II.

No one said it was the focus, I was merely offering suggestions that would work for people that play on such servers, because a decent part of the player base does.
Besides, the suggestions that I put forward could be used for any kinds of servers.

Lol yes humans are not machines we make mistakes even with much training not to make them.
You can say whatever you want but
it did happen in wars before. What are the little markings on the wings, tail and fuselage for.

My point was that when you see a possible threat you want to remove it before it even becomes a threat.

And the geneva convention was probably invented because something like that has hapenned before.

Yeah but your actions wont go unnoticed as there is a postapocalyptic society, even if there are no witnesses people will notice that you have the same gear etc or is linked to the caused the surprising disappearance of a customer. What we are thinking of is that for doing good you get set of effects both pros and cons of course, and this should be there for both doing good and evil things, similar to what we see in the fallout series.

2 Likes

We should be able to choose. No cons.
Just a pro to both things
Reward the player if he doesnt kill, with better prices when he wants to buy something.
And reward the kos’er by giving him the loot from the person he killed.

The punishment should work only with npcs

I mean if you kill npcs

Yeah what i meant by bad things were choosing evil endings to quests and helping bandits etc. yeah i agree with you on the rest though.

this topic has divided the unturned community

1 Like

@Suicide_society
I was trying to say that KOS is something very common in survival games like Rust, Ark, and Unturned. I don’t see anything political in that statement. I was agreeing with @anon73161152’s statement.

As far as I can tell, the only way to solve it is to make zombies and bandits a bigger threat than other players.

3 Likes

Then they would hopefully unite against them for a reward not against eachother

2 Likes

Kos can be also solved by making the guns much more expensive to craft or harder to find, players just won’t kos because they don’t have guns to, safezones can be implemented as well, with their own traders, unique quests, vehicle shops and other activities to attract players and to not be useless.

Sounds good for me

2 Likes

Great idea i like to think how the no kos players have benefits but the kos players dont have any or so much but i think in real life you see a person with a gun in post apocaliptic word and u want to talk or be her frend? I think u run or kill it because is he or you same with games u dont go to think if i shoot i have low karma and i dont want have low karma. If you shoot if because is he or you kos is not a problem only is a diferent playestile and we need to respect that