Rainbows!

cool idea nice

4 Likes

Technically not. Most of the time you are standing in the sun and the rain has passed you. The sun shining on the rain that’s no longer above you creates the rainbow effect

3 Likes

Who wouldn’t like a rainbow after it rains? I don’t want you to prove to me by a 7-hour presentation about the laws of physics and other shit to prove to me that a rainbow in a video game wouldn’t be possible. We’re talking about a blocky zombie survival game here.

4 Likes

that’s pretty gay but it’s a cool idea

6 Likes

fuck it, add this to 3 thanks goodbye

3 Likes

It is common sense. I like the idea, but I think this game aims for more realism then unturned 3.0 and for me a rainbow without rain would ruin the realism alot.

1 Like

Cool idea.:rainbow:

1 Like

It’s just a visual touch just like lens flares in some games and movies. You don’t see them IRL but you don’t complain about how “unrealistic” it is?

You also don’t require rain to be happening at the moment for a rainbow to pop-up. Do you only see a rainbow when it rains, and not after?

Sorry for getting mad, but this is just complaining to complain.

3 Likes

No worries about being mad, it’s just a discussion :wink:
But rainbows without rain is impossible, without rain on your head sure, but there has to be rain at the place of the rainbow imo, that’s how it goes irl too. Lensflare is not really taking you out of the realism but imo a rainbow with no rain would.

3 Likes

It’s possible if it’s not raining,
because if you drop water you can get a small rainbow without rain! :smile:

3 Likes

I’m happy to find that everyone can get behind the concept of rainbows! :rainbow:

However you guys really didn’t need to argue about rainbows lmao. Indeed Rainbows can be seen after rain while the air is still moist and full of small droplets of precipitation. Of course you could also see Rainbows during rainfall, too.

Ontop of just seeing Rainbows from naturally occurring phenomenon like rain, I’d love to see mini-rainbows appear elsewhere.

Have you ever had a sprinkler out during the summer and could see a mini rainbow on it?

Also, there are Radial Rainbows if you’re high enough from the ground to see them. So it would be a neat addition to the Rainbow concept if pilots in the sky could see these

3 Likes

Omg, rlly, okay you got me XD You can do it with a waterhose in ur garden as well -_-

1 Like

Like the ideas, but I don’t think unreal engine can make these less natural rainbows appear that easily and I think nelson has better things to worry about :slight_smile:

1 Like

He’s got plenty of years to add content to Unturned II

3 Likes

Haters will say “just make a mod for it”, but we for real around here.

1 Like

Unnecessary, you complained about Trains being added into the game because you thought Nelson was just adding stuff to add stuff. Rainbows are pointless in this game, if you want a rainbow. Go outside for once.

But I think that fits good when you are in apocalyptic world.
It makes you happy C:

3 Likes

:rainbow_flag:

1 Like

If you think I said that, then go find a quote. Otherwise I never did.

If rainbows are pointless, then I guess so are textures, bloom, clouds, terrain backdrop, height fog, debris, ambient occlusion, high water quality, foilage, item outlines, anti-aliasing, sun shafts, and so on. I suppose if these are pointless, then II shouldn’t have them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.