Ray Tracing

Pretty sure you need to be a well known programmer

I would wait a bit untill a “stable” release of the game so you know how much power the game requires. But I think if you look online you can find plenty of guides regarding which graphics card is the best. Maybe something like a GTX 1660 Ti, but I don’t know if this would be too weak or overkill for this game, as the game is not fully released yet and performance is unknown. Maybe wait for black friday events and pick the best Nvidia (if you want raytracing) card you can with your budget.

I don’t know much about programming, but isn’t using a different shadow shader/function better for performance? I know ray tracing can be quite resource heavy.

It would probably be easier to just build a whole new setup, you might create a bottleneck if you just upgrade the card.

4 Likes

This is (most likely) just an option for RTX card users, and there would be some other system for people with normal PCs. IIRC there was a bathroom mirror in some long-past devlog where the reflection was very blurry as to reduce stress, whereas RTX users have a normal looking one.

3 Likes

Any recommendations?

Well first you need a budget

10 Likes

time for my computer to violently explode and burn down the entire block, thanks neslon

1 Like

May I recommend this. https://www.amazon.com/SkyTech-Blaze-Computer-Desktop-GeForce/dp/B07NV1ZTHX/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=gtx%2B1050%2Bti%2Bcomputers&qid=1570652688&sr=8-6&th=1

If you end up with another computer try to aim for one with an SSD, they make an insane difference for some stuff. We would need to know more of what you’d use the computer for to make a good recommendation though. A 1050 Ti will handle the game for a decent price but you may want to futureproof your setup a bit better or play more intensive games. For memory, 8 gigabytes should be the absolute minimum but aim for 16 if you can get everything else you want with it.

My laptop that I use now was originally $1,200 for an i7-4720HQ, a GTX 960M, and 16 gigabytes of RAM. Value is horrible because its a laptop but it runs most of the stuff I do.

My current computer has an SSD. It’s mostly the graphics card that needs to be changed. @CravenWarrior

What kind of CPU does it have?

Searched it up and it has an i7-6700 (non-K) so it won’t bottleneck with any recent mid-end graphics card, the PSU is 500W.

You could find a used GTX 1060 (6GB) for $100-$150 or RX 580 (8GB) for $80-$130 on Ebay

Note: Only get RX 580’s that were specifically NOT used for mining.

If you’re budget is tight try to pick up a used RX 560 for 50$ or an RX 570 for $70-$80 on Ebay

If you prefer buying new, try to pick up an RX 580 for 180$, or a 570 for 150$ Don’t pick up a 560, since most 560’s are the price of a 570 but have worse performance.

I’ve heard that when changing out GPU that you need to delete your old GPU drivers, in order to delete drivers, use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) then install new GPU drivers in safe mode so that there isn’t any issues.

Hope this helps, @anon69713377

1 Like

If you want to run rtx you need a 20 series rtx card. Using a 10 series or lower is going to yield in unfavorable results

1 Like

Device Manager also works for uninstalling display drivers.

Sorry to be rude, but plz don’t listen to @calamari.
If you have the HP ENVY 750-171 from around 7-Oct-2015 you have a perfect computer for upgrading!

Your system has a good CPU: I7-6700, good RAM: 16GB and a bad graphics card: GTX 745.

Just read you already upgraded to a SSD, nice!

You just need to get a good graphics card.
@Fierybattlehawk suggestion of buying a used graphics card is good if you want to take the risk of a used card, if you don’t want to go for used I highly suggest you wait for black friday. There are plenty of guides for good graphics cards once black friday comes and if you do some good research you can always find a really good graphics card for a low price!
Good luck with upgrading! @anon69713377

No you may not recommend this. It’s ridiculous. If he buys this it means he’s buying an entire desktop (which he already has), while the only thing he needs is a good new graphics card (and maybe a better power supply).

If there’d indeed be an RTX option and an option for other gpu’s, it’d be perfect!

can you try not to double (or in your case triple) comment? it gets pretty annoying. Instead use

just makes things easier to read

5 Likes

I have an AMD Radeon r7 if that’s any consolation