Reclaiming lands

Hopefully not, but there are many other factors that need tweaking for Global Navmesh zombies to be balanced.

1 Like

Also for military bases, they should have .50 cal heavy machineguns that you could reload.

1 Like

like my Mounted weapons post?

1 Like

I wonder how much of this post was inspired by The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection From the Living Dead

ITS A GOOD BOOK OKAY?

Quite a bit, After reading through the “Home Defense” I decided that an actual system for reclaiming lands should exist. That’s where the Prison part came from too.

1 Like

I agree about the claiming land stuff and the problems that safezone radiators have, but I don’t agree with the method being suggested for claiming certains areas in the map.

The use of a horde beacon to be able to claim a place isn’t just unrealistic, but also this:

It has been discussed before that there should exist noise-making devices for luring turned instead of horde beacons.

Also about this…

Just no guys, mainly because of this:

On an ideal perspective, NPC’s should have their own territories and bases like in 3.x, and maybe some of these could have patrols in their surroundings. Also there could be a few wandering ones, such as bandits or lone trader caravans maybe.

How it should work IMO

Claiming areas should only work via base building, whether in already existing structures or from bare zero on the wild. To claim and area and avoid zombie spawning, players would just settle their utility and barricade buildables depending on the structure size and needs. E.g. to claim a house in a town, player(s) would need enough barricades for all doors and windows, and some utility storages/buildables, since they’d need a generator to power lights and existing utilities in the house (fridges, stoves, beds, sinks, etc., are already existant in most houses, meaning that structures that doesn’t have any of these would need at least 1 of those to be claimed).

Like this, any single structure could be a potential base. However, to avoid players of having +3 bases in any place they want, turned hordes should periodically attack bases and settlements according on it’s size or activity level; the bigger the base, the more activity it has (players living there, active utilities), and as a result, there’s more possibilites to be attacked by a horde.

Activity level is meant to prevent turned from offline raiding (abandoned bases might rather be reclaimed by someone else), and also it would be pretty hard or impossible to a single player to claim a big building, besides horde size should depend on turned population of the nearest towns/cities, so there’s pretty good balance.

All this said, there could be an advantage on taking a building as a base, but at the expense of having to protect it more often from the turned than if you built your own structure in the woods.

2 Likes

Good ideas all around, your plan even works in multiplayer, but what about item spawns? Will they not spawn in a claimed area?

1 Like

I don’t see why those should keep spawning.

1 Like

would you rather have more things to do in the game or not?

1 Like

What’s your point exactly?

1 Like

would you like to have an empty base, which after you have cleared out enough places that you can stay relaxed, or would you like to have the town populated and them sending you on quests ect.
Yes I understand how hard it will be to do, but it could have some interesting things happen with it. I want your true opinion. Do you like the idea of building a base to house people, or do you like building a base to just house yourself.
Btw, no, I dont want this in multiplayer. I would like to see it in singleplayer because the fact that singleplayer can be pretty boring when you feel by yourself. just a touch of more life other than non moving people and zombies helps a lot.

1 Like

Boo singleplayer, multiplayer is where it’s at.

1 Like

What you want may be a thing in singleplayer, though it would require extra work from Nelson.

And well, my idea is really meant to work in multiplayer very well: you can claim a house or store by yourself or with your friend; for a large store or small warehouse, 3 people or more; for police stations, schools, hospitals (any public service building, assuming these will be much larger in 4.x), maybe +4 or +5 people, and so on… Reaching a reasonable top of +8 players for apartments and office buildings, and maybe like +10 for prisons, military bases and/or airports, etc.

I forgot to mention that my idea opens tons of possibilities for RP servers, on which players could keep and maintain a small or medium town claimed all by and for themselves (also assuming player limit in servers will be increased as well).

EDIT: maybe buildings aren’t that large, so there would be the need to lower the players amount I just stated here, lol.

1 Like

IMO, I prefer playing just with friends and surviving in a strict PvE setting. I know people love PvP and all, but it’s just something I cannot get into, and besides, 4.x will have a bigger focus on the PvE aspect. Just my two rubles.

2 Likes

Rubles

It should be Kopecks, you rich bastard!
Jokes aside, PvP is always fun as long as people don’t just kill you on sight. Seriously, raiding is fun as well, gives you a thrill.

Hopefully multiplayer won’t instantly imply CRAZY PVP in Unturned II, so when we speak about multiplayer, don’t expect silly definitions, just the bare and simple one:

Multiplayer: modality of videogames that allows you to play with other people.

Just that. Unturned II will have inmensely PvE aspects overhauled by default. :+1:

1 Like

ROFLMFAO XDD

1 Like

Have you ever heard of “Here’s my two dollars on the subject?” No, it’s always cents.

Capture
2 Rubles= 3 cents :wink:

(Yes I know I screwed up)

But I understand the multiplayer aspect will be way better in 4.x, but a basic fact of the internet, is that there will always be jerks that only seek you out to ruin your day.

2 Likes

And that is why guns exist.