Removal of Military Drum Magazines

You forgot the most important part

master of pretty much all

As I said, they are the hack of all trades, that is the reason they exist.
Range with a modern intermediate ammunition is meh, but that is a trade-off well worth it.

Since it’s a 3.0 suggestion I’m not entirely sure what to balance from it. The only thing I could think of is to somehow slow the weapon’s reload speed if Nelson could replicate it in the game. Just to correspond to the LMG’s slow reload speed

I think it’s the weapon itself that should be looked at.

1 Like

They shouldn’t be used in suppressive situations rather than a nykorev. They shouldn’t be used as a 100 bullet marksman rifle. You get me? It’s a small change that honestly wouldn’t change so much.

Drums currently already have slower reloads but it’s really not noticeable.

I feel like all these other ideas could work, but removing them completely is just easier and then nelson doesn’t have to deal with coding slower movement etc.

Mind re-editting this. Very confusing, what do you mean?

wait what ars being useless?lmao

lmao every weapon reloads extremely quickly on this game not counting lmgs and how ars are overpowered people tend to use it as snipers with no recoil

Are you not familiar with stat changers, or ever looked at game files?

I’m well familiar with these? No need to be rude about it… I made the megapost on gun balance in 3.0. But this was just a smaller, alternate route to fixing things :slight_smile:

Well, they’re feasible to use them. Yet Nykorevs have twice as many bullets, but shoots slower.

never… noticed.

You have to consider this would add new mechanics for all magazines, and drums of all kinds. Not just this one small problem you seem to be having. This would be of great benefit to all gun mods, and other magazines within the game.

drums on this game are op because of how the game works etc.which makes them have alot of benefits but this is just my view

Also drums should have a higher chance of jamming besides slower reload.

Jamming isn’t a feature in the game :thinking:

1 Like

could be good

the dragonfang are already viable, if not good in some situations. I’m going to presume that you mean both military and ranger drums, because that doesn’t make sense to only remove one. I think removing them is a terrible idea however mabye they could have some drawbacks, such as a slower ads, heavier etc (particularly in UII i guess).

1 Like

I wish it was, it could solve many a problem

It actually is though, it’s just not enabled for any guns and is only for mods. Haven’t seen any using it though.

Yea i remember there was a config that added this feature in a patch notes.

Removing drum mags would make literally no difference. Drum mags themselves are redundant in the fact that the time to kill with most weapons, especially the ARs that the drums are made for, is so ridiculously low. A maplestrike can drop any player regardless of armor with three headshots for example. Actually having to reload those standard 30 round mags during firefights is rare enough. Only in an extended sloppy pvp engagement would you even see the advantage of having a drum mag.

Removing them is not going to make ARs less op as the advantages they bring aren’t actually too significant.

If you really want to bring ARs down a peg, target the vertical grip and military barrel. If anything, they have the most profound effects on preformance of ARs.

3 Likes

i agree with most of the post but the military barrel doesn’t really have an affect on pvp in my opinion, AR’s are still extremely accurate and tbh the mili barrel is kinda redundant.

1 Like

This is more or less the point. Yes you’ll be able to kill them if you get the jump on the person, but the gun itself is much less forgiving if you miss those shots. You have to calculate whether you’ll be able to kill him from 200m away before he can heal or shoot back etc.

In survival servers sure you rarely have drums, but in overall pvp, I go through military drums like you wouldn’t imagine. IDK what you do.

But an overall interesting thing would be a Maplestrike Nerf. Making other, more balance assault rifles be able to come into play.

The issue is with you suggestion, more guns than the assault rifles use military barrels and vertical grips. This would Nerf every gun and not just the most overpowered ones, and BTW barrels are the worst barrel attachment in the game. Dunno why you’re using it.