Resource Not Showing Up in-game or Removable?

Sorry about all the questions related to resources recently, I’ve had a bit of a hard time implementing them and the only guide I’ve found is the outdated one by Mooki. Either way I’ve had this issue with my tree that seems to not be going away. I think I have everything tagged and layered correctly, and I can place the trees in the Editor, but they don’t show in-game and going back into the editor they are gone. They also aren’t removable after placing them in the editor with either shift or alt.

Disappearing models like this makes me think it might be a mesh or LOD issue, but both the Meshes and LODs seem fine in Unity, so I’m really not sure what is causing this strange issue.

Resources now require a Asset V2 file be created for them. Example of one posted below. You can place it in any directory within your bundles folder. But I generally place them in the hierarchy Bundles/Assets/Landscapes/Resources

This directory does not need to mirror any Unity file path.

"Metadata"
{
     /// A unique GUID
	"GUID" "d1d3d639429a4935a96f5d453a8198dd"
	"Type" "SDG.Framework.Foliage.FoliageResourceInfoAsset, Assembly-CSharp, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null"
}
"Asset"
{
	"ID" "0"
	"Density" "1500"
	"Min_Normal_Position_Offset" "0"
	"Max_Normal_Position_Offset" "0"
	"Normal_Rotation_Offset"
	{
		"X" "0"
		"Y" "0"
		"Z" "0"
	}
	"Normal_Rotation_Alignment" "0"
	"Min_Weight" "0.5"
	"Max_Weight" "1"
	"Min_Angle" "0"
	"Max_Angle" "60"
	"Min_Rotation"
	{
		"X" "0"
		"Y" "0"
		"Z" "0"
	}
	"Max_Rotation"
	{
		"X" "0"
		"Y" "0"
		"Z" "0"
	}
	"Min_Scale"
	{
		"X" "1"
		"Y" "1"
		"Z" "1"
	}
	"Max_Scale"
	{
		"X" "1"
		"Y" "1"
		"Z" "1"
	}
    /// GUID of resource in .dat
	"Resource"
	{
		"GUID" "d88791c6554542fd95f729a2072f726f"
	}
	"Obstruction_Radius" "4"
}

This may not be your issue however. If you’re using Speedtrees then you may be running into other issues and I can unfortunately not provide any advice. I’ve been running into issues with Easter Island’s Speedtrees not showing up in game, but the legacy models working properly. This may be a bug on my part though.

There is also the possibility you’re encountering a weird bug, there seems to be some issues with the improved editor at the moment.

1 Like

Hey thanks for responding about this issue. I figured out before that there needs to be a .asset file with it’s own GUID and the asset itself as the last GUID. The resource shows up in the editor it just doesn’t appear in-game.

I’m not using speed trees for this, but there is a Tree script component attached that may be related? I’m not sure since all I’ve done is changed the models and scaling of the already provided example tree assets.

Only other change that I’ve done is removed the 2d skybox and added a mesh for that instead, as well as only having 1 LOD for the tree assets, but that shouldn’t effect the model appearing or not, since as long as it’s in the LOD it should render.

The LOD group is also Speed Tree but I think it was like that in the example mods? would disabling this help?

Looking at that, you’ve set the tree up like a Speedtree when you just have a legacy tree.
That Tree compontent is unnecessary, not sure where you got that from. You can delete the “Debris” and “_Old” prefabs. I’d also move your source files out of your bundling folder. Another thing, Unturned leaves are usually set to Trilinear rendering with cutout, not point no filter. Since you have a legacy tree, your skybox should be imitating a legacy skybox. Copy a “Skybox_Old” from a tree in CoreMasterBundle and rename it to just “Skybox”.

1 Like

I’ve removed the Tree script from my asset. By “Debris” do you mean the object named Debris or like Debris_Old? I’ve already removed all of the old _Old assets. I changed the texture to trilinear as well to fit the unturned style better.

For my Skybox I replaced it with a mesh renderer and the tree mesh in it (I thought it would work fine if I set it up similar to Objects). For the Skybox_Old, when I move it over and rename it will I want to change anything about it or just leave it as the textureless plane?

Debris is a uniquely Speedtree setting. You don’t have a speedtree, so you don’t need any debris.

Leave it the same. Just rename it to “Skybox” and you’re good.

Make sure to update your .dat file to not acknowledge speedtree settings.

1 Like

I’ve probably messed it up but I’ve made those changes and it seems to no longer appear in game at all. It still shows in the editor list, but I can’t place it. Here are my current settings of my models incase I’m messing something up somewhere:

Nevermind! The switch from the Speedtree stuff back to the legacy assets just scaled down my trees and made them sideways so they were underground, it seems to work fine now!

Sorry about continuing this thread on longer than it should be, but would you happen to know what determines the randomized scaling when placing a resource? It seems like when placing my trees it can be anywhere between 1 to 4 times the normal scale.

I thought this was affected by the .Asset file, but it seems regardless of what I change the Min_Scale and Max_Scale values to it scales the same amount.

“Min_Scale” & “Max_Scale”, though I also think the original AssetV1 .dat’s scale factor also can influence the size.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.