Revert this Update

This update is actually horrible, laggy, feels awkward, and overall looks very gloomy…
(This is just one person’s comment giving his feedback with many others supporting him)

3 Likes

It’s already getting patches so no

1 Like

How about you reverse it then after you guys actually test it to see if it’s working properly and is a decent update to put out instead of making us play on this horrendous piece of trash?

The (one man) dev tests his game in his own rig + through the beta branches and he likes to get people to find bug he couldn’t replicate to stomp out. It’s been like that since the game is out.

Don’t feel entitled about this. Be patient for a fix and some improvements for the betterment of long-term progress, or contribute to the game by reporting or giving proper feedback

14 Likes

Can you clarify which aspects you dislike please? It should appear almost identically to the previous version.

Regarding the testing: it was on a beta branch for over a month and there were quite a few issues fixed in that period thanks to participants, but there is no stress test quite like thousands of players.

11 Likes

Read the Gyazo I screenshotted he almost details it all there, and compare it to the original one. There’s clearly more work needing done with the inventory, picking up things, replacing things. When you pick up things they don’t auto place in your hands, when you have something in your Primary slot and try to replace it with something else in your inventory it wont allow it, and overall clunky and not smooth like the original HUD. Just normal things that you would be able to do with things involving picking up things and equipping things just aren’t there anymore, just plesae fix that aspect and also make an option to revert back to the old text because it was more appeal towards me but if not I guess I’ll get used to this one.

when you pick up things they don’t auto place in your hands

already fixed

when you have something in your primary slot and try to replace it with something else in your inventory it wont allow it

an actual problem

just normal things that you would be able to do with things involving picking up things and equipping things just aren’t there anymore

assuming they mean this

works just fine

update doesn’t need a rollback, instead it needs constructive community input
instead of whining about it and calling this update a horrendous piece of trash, get in here and actually help make the UI better

9 Likes

Wait I’m supposed to do their job? Damn dude you’re expecting too much from me. Instead of writing “It’s almost Identically to the previous version” They should know their game and the mechanics instead of asking problems that can easily be fixed if you were to experiment with it.

one man dev team

don’t expect him to be omnipresent knowing every single aspect of a 6 year old game

13 Likes

He’s clearly has helpers dude he’s in a Company now you can’t make that excuse when they explicitly say it’ll be identical when it’s not, they should have never done this update nobody wanted it, and even if it was mandatory they should have postponed it and make it to perfection to not make an outrage in the community, and better yet do their job for them. End of story let’s not make this a shit post.

lmfao a company of one dev and a community manager

we’re the helpers, we’ve always been
we’re the ones that have to help him make it perfect

7 Likes

SDG has beena thing for years. Still a one man job

I can and I will

Yet here we are

5 Likes

“I can and I will” LMAO you’re a literal joke.

i’ll start
here’s the ones that stand out to me

text shadows look bad imo, old text’s outline looks much easier on the eyes instead of whatever this is

strange legibility on tooltips, refer to previous note about text shadows vs outlines + look into a different background for the tooltips (this is painful to look at)

text without backgrounds behind them should have small outlines to help them stand out more

gyazo guy was right - inventory menu guy should be a bit bigger

crafting UI needs bigger buttons imo, never really liked how they looked since they were added

takes several mouse clicks to switch seats in vehicle UI

crafting UI doesnt properly update (dropped 1 scrap after opening crafting menu, still showed 3 scrap afterwards)

misaligned server browser UI when the scroll bar isn’t on screen

perhaps disable this by default (preferences.json option?)
keeps steam discussion board toxicity from coming over here

3 Likes

“Plus we’re the ones that have to help him make it perfect”, I can understand that and I will help him out as I did by letting him know with what he did with this update was not that good, and showed the community response, and after that he asked for somethings needing dealt with which I provided to him.

When your in the craft section and you’d wish to craft things it displays wrong number of items you actually have to make it, and you’d have to exit it and retype the item you’re trying to build again, as before it would update letting you craft the item.

So for instance if you were in the crafting menu and you see the items you’d need for the item you’re trying to build you’ll go out of the crafting menu go in your storage and get the said item and go back to the craft menu and it wouldn’t pop up letting you know you have the item it requires making you to retype the item in the search bar so it can read the item. @SDGNelson

So like are we done with the idea of reverting the update?

I think the Github is a good place to report and discuss anything relevant to the update since the dev is also pretty active there. Issues can be clearly seen on-going or complete

2 Likes

What’s the Github link so users who see this thread would put their issues/bugs on there instead of here?

Ah yes it’s here

1 Like

Crafts i disabled appear back at the top
Disabled crafts are bright instead of being darkened
People appear to be hovering in mid air when there are afk at certain locations(like elver safezone) ((havnt seen that one before this patch))
Crafts appear to be Possible and show resources i no longer have after i have already undergone my crafting process
I can’t fast unequip a piece of clothing with right click, it was possible before thou
Shift + right click doesnt make a sound or blink over an item when im transferring loot
My friend also told me his inventory was rolling all over the place (whatever that means)
Speaking about the font you have chosen:
it looks ok overall in the menu, but it is horrible ingame especially with the groupmates nicknames, your teammates nicknames used to cover a big chunk of your screen if there private name was too big, now this font makes it too distracting,but,on the other hand,pretty noticeable,which can only be used to an advantage within a group with small private names (Like my group has capital letters of full nickname as a private name, L or A for an example)
Last but not least, character in inventory menu look too small now
I might have made some mistakes since i am a sleepy russian boy, but i have done my best to provide you with a detailed feedback on the matter of this update.
Personally, I think new font should be used only on map to make your teammates location and mapmarks more visible and distinct