Season Suggestions

First of all, I’d like to say that this post inspired me to make my own: Suggestion For Clothing

So Unturned 4.0 (from what I understood and read from that post) will have seasons. With this, cold, harsh, winters especially in a map like Russia, and hot, melting summers.

Temperature :

I think the 3.0 system is kinda bad. When you feel cold, you don’t instantly start to die like you do in 3.0. I know the game isn’t supposed to be realistic, but this system makes the game less fun too. Instead, we should have a temperature bar (nothing too complicated, just a bar). This would be split up into 3 parts, light blue - green - orange.

When in the light blue zone, your character is cold. How cold? Depends on how far from the green bar. When you’re too cold you will get the snowflake icon like you get in 3.0, and start losing health.
At all times when you’re in the light blue area, your character trembles, things like scope sway are more intense and melee does less damage (optionally, but it makes sense because honestly it’s hard to do literally anything with cold hands). Swimming would always make the temperature bar go down gradually.

When in the green zone, your character is just fine. No debuffs, no buffs.

When in the orange zone, your character is hot. Again, the further away the marker is from the green area, the hotter your character is. This creates blur in the distance, reduces movement speed and stamina, and when too hot, you get a fire icon which starts reducing your health.

Swimming always makes your character colder, but less so in Summer and spring, instantly gives the snowflake icon in winter and reduces the temperature considerably in Autumn.

Clothing :

Naturally, clothing will make you warmer. This matters more and more depending on the difficulty you play on.
Right so to get this out of the way first, clothing stacking WILL exist in Unturned 4. What I hope is that you can only stack 3 layers of clothing on the shirt, so you can only get a thin shirt, hoodie or military top (or things similar to that) and a jacket. Pants would have 2 layers, the first being those thin pants things that your mom gave you at school in winter (but for adults) and normal pants.

1st Shirt layer: T-Shirts, Longsleeve Shirts and Tank tops. These wouldn’t give much cold protection but Longsleeves would be the best out of all of them. Followed by T-shirts.
2nd Shirt layer: Hoodies, Job Tops (Farmer Top, Police Top, Fireman Top). These would give good warmth protection but still wouldn’t be enough to survive a winter by themselves or even them with a T-shirt.
Military Tops should give pretty bad cold protection compared to hoodies and parkas.
3rd Shirt layer: Jackets. Just Jackets, but with different cold protections. Thin and thick Jackets, with fur or without.

Now you’ll always be changing outfits in-game because of the seasons and temperature change. For example, in Summer you’d wear just a T-Shirt, tank top or longsleeve shirt with trunks and sandals because it’s way too warm. (Of course, there should be a bit of randomness, maybe one winter will be harsher than the other, or one Summer can be hotter than the other. So in some Summers you could wear military outfits and stuff but in another it’s so hot outside you actually have to take your shirt off)
In Autumn you’d wear a thin jacket, a hoodie, a T-shirt, jeans and boots.
Spring would be the best time to wear military outfits, because it’s nice outside and you can go around naked and you’d still be in the green bar, but the second you put on even a thin jacket you’d go up to the orange bar zone.
In Winter you’d wear a thick jacket, parka/hoodie, Longsleeve shirt, thin pants on 1st layer and cargo pants on the second, boots and a toque or any thick hat.

As I said earlier, wearing Military outfits will make you cold in Autumn and Winter, this is so that you see people actually wearing civilian clothing because currently everyone wears the same outfit which is Military vest, Military Helmet, Military Top and Military Bottom with a Military weapon of choice and a Honeybadger. Only newspawns wear civilian clothing but once they take a trip to the Military base they come out as the generic PvP pro.

Miscellaneous :
I hope I spelled that right.
Basically some things that I’d like to see.

Editor:
Something so we can choose what temperatures and weather conditions there are in custom maps. After all, if someone made an Africa map and it would snow and rain as much as it does in Russia for example, it wouldn’t make sense.
Also it would be weird to have a Winter just as cold as in Germany on Russia. Instead, in Russia winters should be so harsh it would kill off anyone who’s not prepared. You’d need to gather food and drinks, clothing, ammunition, have a house with warmth, and basically be prepared for everything that a harsh Russian winter can throw at you because you are not visiting that campground for a potato. It would kill off half of the server population, but makes the game a lot more interesting.
In Germany for example, winter wouldn’t be as much of a challenge. The hardest part of it would be gathering clothing.

Animals:
Hostile animals should spawn more often during winter and friendly animals should spawn less. This is what happens in real life, deer and stuff hibernate while the predators search for them, and if the predators can’t find them, they get more and more desperate. This is also what happened this Autumn here in Romania, bears and boar would roam highways because they can’t find food in the mountains anymore.

I think this would make the game harder and also bring variety. I said earlier that everyone looks like your average PvP pro, and that’s because they do. Military outfits get very boring after a while and it’s very nice to have opponents with different clothing and thus different armor values.
Big groups would also be hard to maintain, because everyone needs to have the fitting clothing and everyone needs to have enough food and water for the winter. Raiding would also be harder during winter because of the cold.

Please post your criticisms in the comments!

6 Likes

i discord with you in add temperature, more how was done you idea is good.

A like it, but you might want to change the military clothing.
Contrary to what you just describes, military clothing is not simply just a shirt with pockets and logos and loops, it’s a masterpiece of fabric engineering. Military tops are not actually shirts, they’re field jackets.
Like this
Anyways, what should be done instead is the military tops give different amounts of heat/cold resistance depending on what country it is.
Also.
RAINCOATS!

4 Likes

TOP idea! :cookie:

What no I definitely knew that.
I’m not really an expert in Military stuff, I was really just pointing out that everyone wears Military clothing and they should be nerfed in this regard so that they’re only useful in certain scenarios.

So because it’s overused and overrated you want it to be nerfed?
:thinking:

I disagree with the military clothing nerf. They’re end-game stuff for a reason

If spawn rates are nerfed and/or military locations are harder to scavenge, then they should be kept unchanged

2 Likes

I like this post a lot as it goes in a lot of detail and i can tell you spent a lot of time making sure this looked nice, and it does so good job. A few things I wanted to add is that clothing durability in 3.0 doesnt do anything at the moment. I think that in 4.x, clothing durability should determine the temperature of it. Say in winter if you wear a 13% coat then you shouldnt be shielded from the cold nearly as much as a 100% coat, giving a reason to repairing clothing.

I disagree with this just because military tops are typically pretty thick and heavy. Other than that, this post is great :grinning:

So because it’s overused and overrated you want it to be nerfed?
:thinking:

Well, not only because of that but Military outfits get very boring over time and it would be much nicer to see more personalization with Civilian clothing and stuff.

But also yes, they should be nerfed because they’re just too good, that’s also the reason they’re overused. They provide a ton of space, most defense in game, are green (for the most part) to camouflage, and there’s no downsides to using them.

I like this post a lot as it goes in a lot of detail and i can tell you spent a lot of time making sure this looked nice, and it does so good job. A few things I wanted to add is that clothing durability in 3.0 doesnt do anything at the moment. I think that in 4.x, clothing durability should determine the temperature of it. Say in winter if you wear a 13% coat then you shouldnt be shielded from the cold nearly as much as a 100% coat, giving a reason to repairing clothing.

I disagree with this just because military tops are typically pretty thick and heavy. Other than that, this post is great :grinning:

Hmm. Yeah durability most definitely should affect it, but I think it should be a low enough difference so it’s not annoying but high enough so you notice it and it makes a difference

As for the military outfit thing I’m just gonna remove that now :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I disagree with the military clothing nerf. They’re end-game stuff for a reason
If spawn rates are nerfed and/or military locations are harder to scavenge, then they should be kept unchange

I still think Civilian clothing should have a role and people should change outfits more. When I think about it it sounds so nitpicky but having to manage your clothing and stuff and making sure you don’t get downsides of temperature while still having a high defense adds to the immersion.

Actually the amount of rainfall can be set while making a map, so that’s already in the game.

I agree with this completely, but another thing I would add is not having armor such as a military helmet that could make a player survive a shot to the head from a high powered sniper rifle, but then again a lot of people enjoy that for surviving snipers that use a timberwolf or grizzly

I thing you should change this

That doenst have any sense for me

tho possibly on maps like hawaii you wouldn’t lose warmth because well, the water is really warm there (I’ve been there myself oh yeah… now i remember the jellyfish, anyways) like maybe once you get out of the water if you had clothes on you would get slightly colder but still its about the same.

wouldnt it be awesome if during the winter the mega would get a giant snowball and throw it at you? man I just created a topic in the memes category… dont hate me.

because in spring being naked isn’t cold, but having a jacket on makes you hot.

yeah but not at thw level on orange line (too hot)

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.